QR Code Link to This Post
The Marbridge Foundation is looking to hire 2 cooks to help prepare, cook and serve quality meals for the residents who live in our Assisted Living Communities. Responsibilities include preparing and serving healthy and appetizing meals to residents and staff, ensuring adequate supplies are maintained and stored properly, maintaining kitchen and dining room cleanliness, maintaining and proper use of kitchen equipment, practicing safe food handling and proper hygiene, and training of resident employees. This responsibility includes ensuring compliance with state standards and regulations regarding kitchen and food service operations.
Full Time Cook Positions:
-Monday- Friday 10am-6pm
-Wednesday-Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday-Sunday 6am-2pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure daily kitchen operation compliance standards & regulations are followed and met.
- Plan and implement healthy balanced menus
- Order food and supplies according to budget and menu
- Examine quality of food and supply product by inspecting and properly storing goods upon receipt
- Maintain required inventory
- Prepare food with technique to ensure quality, nutrition and pleasant appeal
- Follow posted menus for all 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) and document any necessary changes.
- Food from cooking kitchen should be transported to serving kitchen 30 minutes prior to service.
- Help with serving of food to residents if needed.
- Complete and maintain temperature logs as required daily.
- Complete and maintain refrigerator logs as required daily.
- Ensure food is served on time and at a safe temperature
~~Times: Breakfast - 7am, 11:45am for salad bar, Lunch â noon, Dinner - 5pm.~~
Note: Times may vary according to activities and Special Olympic events which may require residents to eat earlier or later.
- At least 21 years of age with a valid Texas drivers license and a clean driving record
- Valid Texas Food Handler's certification preferred
- Requires lifting, bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time, and carrying hot pans/trays of food
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Must be able to work in kitchen environment with heat and steam
Occasionally called upon to work overtime or odd schedules. Works in a kitchen setting. Works and trains residents in dish washing, busing techniques, and other cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and wiping down tables/chairs.
Employees love to work for the Marbridge Foundation!! Here are a few perks that we offer to employees:
- Competitive Pay!
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- 401k Retirement with employer matching
- Basic Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time Off (80 hours within the first year)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- FREE access to an on-site gym which include cardio equipment, weights, Pilates room, and basketball court
- FREE meals available for specific shifts
- Incentive programs
- Assistance with continuing education requirements and certifications
- Hands-on management team - we provide great training so you are comfortable from the start!
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format for consideration.