Systems Engineers should apply for this opportunity to join a team with a local client in the Financial Services industry working with Robert Half. You will be a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure in this Systems Engineer position. Act now and apply today! This permanent employment opportunity is based in the Salt Lake City, Utah area.
What you get to do every day
- Offer 2nd and 3rd level support
- Direct and supervise all installed systems and infrastructure
- Partake in the design of information and operational support systems
- Take preventive action to safeguard the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Note down and retain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Survey and sample application performance for potential bottlenecks, pinpoint possible solutions, and cooperate with developers to perform those fixes
- Hold up redundancy strategies, backup, and security
- Configure, test, install, and maintain application software, operating systems, and system management tools
- Band together with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Linux experience
- Command of Active Directory
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with Cloud Technologies
- Deep understanding of VMware
- It is preferred for applicants to have solid scripting skills
- If you have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- It is preferred for applicants to have experience with virtualization and containerization
- It is preferred for applicants to have experience with monitoring systems
- If you have experience with automation software, you will be strongly preferred for this position
- Candidates with solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks will be the best fit for this position
- 5+ years of relevant experience - Applicants should have solid networking knowledge
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.