Apex Systems is seeking a Sr. End User Technician to support one of our federal clients in Blumont, VA.
If you are interested in applying, please send an updated resume to Courtney Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Senior End User Technician
Location: Bluemont, VA (Onsite)
Clearance: Must have a DoD Top Secret clearance as condition of employment
Job Type: Contract to HIRE
End User Technicians are responsible for providing IT support to end users across multiple support facilities. The candidate is responsible for delivering professional, high quality services directly to the customer, providing both remote and in-person support for new equipment installations and break/fix incidents. End User Technicians will be responsible for supporting and troubleshooting a variety of technologies (desktops, laptops, tablets, software, etc.) adhering to service level agreements based on user classifications (Standard, VIP, EVIP). This candidate will support unclassified equipment, some of which is in classified space.
More about the Role:
• Provides technical support for end user hardware (laptops, printers, tablets, VTC, mobile devices) and peripherals, software (COTS, GOTS, Web), audiovisual display systems, and wireless technologies.
• Schedules and coordinates customer desk-side support for the installation of new software or to perform hardware or software break/fix activities.
• Sets-up and configures new end user equipment including laptops, mobiles devices, printers, copiers, VTC units, VoIP phones and other peripherals.
• Test systems (workstations, printers, VTC and fax on a monthly basis.
• Documents all changes in ServiceNow ticketing system to ensure all asset and configuration information is up to date.
• Reviews pending tickets daily, updating work details according to DSS ticket management procedures
• Investigates and resolves all connectivity issues related to end-user IT equipment
• Actively participates in site specific project planning, providing detailed requirements for facility IT equipment IMACs
• Escorts general contractors and other contractors as requested.
• Responsible for the on-site coordination of break/fix installations with hardware maintenance providers
• Executes and maintains IT asset inventory information, completing ad hoc inventories and updating asset lists
• Recommends customer service and IT process support enhancements, researching and recommending new technologies and procedures.
• Self-motivated and proactive - able to work independently and identify opportunities and develop new ideas for efficiencies
• Able to plan and prioritize workload to ensure objectives and tickets are achieved on time
Additional Job Duties:
Education and Requirements:
Must have and maintain active TS clearance
Must be able to obtain and maintain DHS EOD Suitability clearance
Requires B.S. degree or equivalent
Minimum 5 years related experience in End User Support
Experience and Education Requirements:
BA/BS or equivalent and minimum of 5 years of applicable experience
Security Clearance Required: Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.