Kelly Services is seeking candidates with front office experience in a medical office environment. To be considered, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets patients promptly and courteously.
2. Checks patients in according to office policy. Collects co-payments and any past due amounts. Enters demographic and insurance information accurately as appropriate for each patient. Monitors accuracy of existing patient information in system. Scans insurance cards into practice management system.
3. Checks patients out according to office policy. Collects co-payments and any past due amounts if not done so at check-in. Makes follow up appointments and outgoing referrals.
4. Answers incoming calls professionally by third ring and utilizes EMR for patient telephone messages to appropriate party.
5. Professionally resolves or refers patient billing questions to Billing Department.
6. Competent in scheduling appointments according to office policies.
7. Schedules patient referrals, insurance pre-certifications and authorizations as required.
8. Processes incoming mail, distributes to appropriate provider, files and/or scans as appropriate in medical record.
9. Accurately identifies various documents, categorize and scans int EMR.
10. Analyzes outstanding orders in patient account and match appropriate results to satisfy and close order.
11. Proficient in using EMR for identifying correct patient, selecting appropriate provider, dates of service, procedures etc.
12. Enforces policies on patient rights and responsibilities.
13. Performs other duties as directed by physicians and/or manager.