1) Provides highly technical, ongoing support of Middleware.
2) Directs the installation, upgrade, testing and maintenance of multiple server and network operating system environments.
3) Directs installation and deployment of security patches across the server environment and ensures adherence to change control policies.
4) Writes and coordinates technical standards and procedures.
5) Directs the monitoring and tuning on a regular basis. Produces statistics on performance and is responsible for identifying and resolving performance problems.
6) Conducts problem resolution. Performs research and testing to determine cause and makes necessary corrections.
7) Experience in orchestrating Ansible and Python scripts with Middleware products like Tomcat and WebSphere Application Server on Linux and UNIX platforms.
8) Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of Work: May require extended work hours. May be subject to on-call and call back as needed
Education / Experience: Bachelors' Degree or equivalent experience with 6 to 9+ years of relevant work experience.
Provides on-going multi-computer site support for Middleware Software activities associated with the installation, upgrading, testing, and maintenance of Middleware software and hardware in a multiple server and multiple network operating system environments. Follows detailed work plans for both installation and continuing maintenance. Conducts tests and monitors new installations. This position requires a seasoned professional with a full understanding of industry practices. Requires high level of experience and proficiency in field.
Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area. General knowledge of department/business lines, and / or System operations, policies, procedures, and technologies.
Communications: Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making and contributing to his or her function`s risk management.
Decision Making: Works under direction and guidance in planning details of procedures and methods to attain definite objectives. Makes decisions within established or widely accepted standards. Achieves assigned/planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, training, business principles, and practical experience.
Please Note: United States Citizenship required due to Federal Requirements No 3rd Party Candidates No 3rd Party Vendors No Sponsorship available