Randstad Technologies is looking for a Kafka Integration Engineer to support our healthcare insurance client in Reston, VA. This resource will be supporting NextGen projects with our client, and this is a straight contact role. While this role will start remotely, this resource will be required to be onsite in the Northern, VA area upon return to work.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $82 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The resource is responsible for the implementation and hands-on support/develop Healthcare claim system. This includes but is not limited to upgrade, development, and configuration, design of Kafka and PEGA services. The position will assist in the efficient utilization and optimization of performance of claim system,
Primary responsibility is efficient operation and development of the Next Generation Claim System . Includes troubleshooting, development configuration and maintenance of existing and new claim system. Receives guidance and tasks from the Director of product delivery for system implementation, development and design.
Adhere to standard service level agreements, for heartbeat and day-to-day development, architect support.
Exhibits poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
Independently resolves problems. Recognizes risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate them.
Participate in process improvements for software development life cycle. Participates in the review of application design version for business systems and applications
15+ Years Experience
- Demonstrated experience within the healthcare insurance industry. Knowledge of claims systems a plus, specifically FEP claims
- Knowledge of EDI specifically ANSI X.12 transactions, e.g. 834, 837, etc. would be beneficial
- Experience with Java application development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java applications running under CICS
- strongly demonstrated knowledge of DB2
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) knowledge and experience with web services is strongly preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated knowledge and best practices of testing environments and processes
- strong testing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with structured programming techniques
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- strong documentation skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Java (must)
- Kafka (must)
- Rocket Shuttle
- Xpediter, FileAid, AbendAid
- MQ Series
- General IBM Utilities
- Micro FocSerena ChangeMan
- Microsoft Suite
- Eclipse, MyEclipse, or Topaz Workbench