Analytics, an employee owned company, is one of the fastest growing industrial hygiene/pharmaceutical/environmental testing laboratories in the US. We contribute our success to the professionalism and technical expertise of our people, and believe that each person contributes directly to Analytics' growth and success. We have made a commitment to our employees to help them achieve both personal and professional growth. As an industry leader, Analytics provides all the elements for your success.
We are currently hiring laboratory technicians to support the Metals, Volatile Organics and Wet Chemistry Laboratories. The applicant must be be production-orientated and be able to work in a team setting. Upon completion of training the applicant must be available to work Monday through Friday 0830am to 5pm. The applicant must be available to work overtime and weekends when needed.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Retrieves samples from the Sample Administration Department and other laboratory sections to prepare for analysis.
2. Prepares samples for analysis in accordance with the Analytics SOP.
3. Follow all published methods governing the testing performed in the department. Methods are published through a variety of agencies including but not limited to EPA, NIOSH, Standard Methods, various states and OSHA.
4. Cleans glassware and maintains all minor equipment to support all testing performed in the Department i.e. pipettes, balances, etc.
5. Maintains logs documenting operations in the department.
6. Inventories and maintains solvents, chemicals and supplies required to support operations in the department.
7. Prepares standards and solutions to support operations in the department.
8. Perform other duties as required.
Physical science related college degree (preferably environmental science, geology, biology or chemistry) or scientific laboratory experience
Previous production-oriented and laboratory experience preferred, but not required (awareness and ability to meet time sensitive deadlines):
- Analytical and/or general science
- Scientific methods and method compliance
- Strong mathematics background
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of general laboratory practice, procedures, and chemical hazards/safety
- Computer skills is a must
Full Time Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays