Apex Systems, America's second largest technical staffing firm, has an opening for a
Transmission Project Coordinator
with a growing client in the Roanoke area. This is a fast-paced environment offering professional growth and long term stability. For immediate consideration please send your resume to Taylor at
Title: Transmission Project Coordinator
Location: Roanoke, VA
Duration: long term contract with potential to hire
Currently remote due to COVID19 pandemic, but will be ONSITE targeting Summer 2021.
The position will be responsible to coordinate cross functional team members in the region to conduct effective project Risk Management throughout the project lifecycle. Under limited supervision engage in crucial communications, perform data entry and report generation utilizing the designated tools and following the Transmission Risk Management Plan.
1. Proficient in MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills along with a professional demeanor and commitment to customer service and teamwork.
3. Organizational and planning skills, as well as having an aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to achieve goals
4. Team player with ability to work and collaborate well with others as well as strong listening and empathy skills.
5. Ability to multitask and be self-directed, meet critical deadlines
6. Ability to analyze financial information
7. Ability to learn and become effective in the use of EcoSys and BI Tools such as Cognos, Tableau and/or Power BI
8. Ability to learn Project Risk principles and terminology.
Proficient in the use of EcoSys
Proficient in the use of BI Tools such as Cognos, Tableau and/or Power BI
Knowledge of Project Management and/or Project Risk principles and terminology.
PMI-PMP or RMP certification
Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
Experience in Project Controls, Project Management, Estimating or predictive modeling.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
1. Participate in project meetings (including strategy/project planning, kick-off, pre-bid, preconstruction and status meetings) to document identified risk in Ecosys -PRMIS (Project Risk Management Information System) from the appropriate SMEs; Stay current with project team members on project activities that impact identified risks; communicates with Estimating, Construction Management, Outage Planning, Engineering (T-Line, Station, P&C), Environmental, Siting, Outreach, Right of Way, Distribution and Telecom.
2. Prepare Project Risk Assessment Report for project milestones and on a periodic basis throughout the project lifecycle.
3. Collaborate with Project Management (PM) and Project Controls to effectively manage risk with respect to budget and schedule.
4. Assist in evaluating contracting methods, reviewing drawings and preparing basic cost estimates using established standards and include contracting risk strategy.
5. Consolidate project risks into EcoSys PRMIS from other potential sources, including but not limited to: Siting risk assessment, Constructability Review, Planning and Engineering Risks and Assumptions, Environmental risk assessment.
6. Communicate cross functionally to Estimating, Engineering, Siting, Outreach, Right of Way, Construction management, outage planning, telecom, distribution, and customer rep to continually look for new risks, validate current risks and ensure an appropriate response plan has been established, scheduled and budgeted.
7. Document project risk and generate project risk assessment report.
8. Route Risk Responses for approvals and follow up to ensure approval is complete, response cost is allocated and schedule updated.
9. Upload and Manage Project Risk and Risk Responses in the PRMIS risk library.
10. Assist the PMT with Change Management as it relates to Risk. If Change occurs without the cause being previously identified, then analyze if the cause should be considered a risk for future projects.
11. Engage SME, both internal and external to avoid bias, to assign impact and probability values for identified risks.
12. Providing strong teamwork with colleagues, vendors and customers and responding to customer/vendor inquiries, resolving work order issues and implementing action plans in a fast-paced, results-oriented team.
Education Requirements: Associate's in Accounting, Business, Construction Management from an accredited college, or related field with 6+ years of experience; or Bachelor's in Accounting, Business, Construction Management from an accredited college, or related field with 4+ years of experience. Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
Work Experience: Minimum requirement includes four years' experience working on cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, and working with accounting principles.
Preferred Experience in Project Controls, Project Management, Estimating or predictive modeling.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or