Home Fusion Services is your authorized Hughesnet service provider offering sales, service, & installation of residential, multi-family and commercial satellite systems. We have a team of highly trained, highly professional technicians with one common goal: to provide our customers the best customer service experience. We strive to stand apart from our competition. Our sales staff, management & technicians are professionally trained, certified, & knowledgeable. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We have locations all over the United States. We are looking for people just like YOU! The Hughesnet Installation Technician is responsible for providing excellent customer service through installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading satellite internet systems and equipment.
Call for phone interview:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES FOR INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN:
Troubleshoots, diagnoses, repairs, replaces, and upgrades components
Checks satellite systems for correct functionality and optimal performance.
Maintains accurate installation, service, and inventory records
Treats customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times
Listens to descriptions of problems, answering questions, and resolving issues
Communicates the wiring plan and equipment lay-out with customer prior to the installation
Educates customers by conveying verbal information clearly and concisely
Follows industry codes, regulations, and standards
Adheres to policies and procedures while working autonomously
Maintains a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies, including practicing safe driving techniques
Acquires and applies information needed for prompt decision making. Refers to and interprets schematics, manuals, and manufacturer's instructions
Updates and improves job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, and participating in on-going technical training
Supports co-workers and builds positive working relationships with all team members
Meets or exceeds performance goals and quality standards
Meets or exceeds productivity standards by prioritizing tasks and working efficiently.
Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN:
- Must meet Hughesnet state-specific minimum age requirement
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check
- Must be able to expect and embrace change
- SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, ipads, etc., preferred
- Construction experience and electrician experience is a plus
- Tools required: 28 ft ladder, drill, etc.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN:
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
RELATED EXPERIENCE FOR INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN:
Cable, wiring, satellite, security alarm, home theater, electrical, electrician, TV, internet, telecommunications, maintenance, repair, electronic, hand tools and power tools experience, OSHA, installation, materials, customer service, and military.