IT Help Desk Support Specialist
Location: Spokane, WA
The job of the Help Desk Support Specialist is to provide Tier I/II support to the JPRA customer user base. This includes, but is not limited to, the following areas of responsibilities:
1. Create and work customer tickets utilizing the agency provided ticket system.
2. Assist customers with resolving incidents and service requests by phone, email, and in person.
3. Perform daily helpdesk checks.
4. Perform limited user and computer management within Microsoft Active Directory utilizing IAO Express and native Microsoft tools.
5. Issue/Receive equipment to/from end-users as needed.
6. Order and maintain printer consumables and other end-user items as needed.
1. Perform new equipment installations, as needed.
2. Process and perform user move requests, as needed.
3. Perform equipment lifecycle requests, as needed.
1. Provide Tier I/II troubleshooting and problem resolution as required.
2. Assist Audio/Video team with troubleshooting of classroom presentation equipment.
3. Work with the Air Force 92nd Communications Squadron to troubleshoot and correct issues outside of agency control.
1. Assist the System Administration team, as needed, to apply/update software on all end-user equipment on NIPRNET/SIPRNET/ACCM/JWICS to maintain USCYBERCOM IAVM compliance.
2. Assist the System Administration team, as needed, to apply/update DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to all end-user equipment.
3. Work with the IA Engineer, ISSO, and ISSM to comply with all USCYBERCOM security guidelines.
4. Comply with all Air Force guidelines.
5. Work with the IA Engineer, ISSO, and ISSM to remediate all discovered vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
1. Document and maintain current user documentation and checklists.
2. Maintain user folders.
3. Provide a weekly status of activities performed and/or completed.
Equipment Acquisition / Accountability / Disposal
1. Input purchase orders into the government provided purchase order system.
2. Inventory, asset tag, and add to inventory database all end-user equipment received.
3. Update inventory database when equipment is moved, fielded, or removed from service.
4. Work with and assist equipment custodians with annual inventory of equipment.
5. Work with and assist equipment custodians with DRMO process of equipment that is no longer needed.
Skills / Qualifications
1. Must possess at time of start an ACTIVE SECRET security clearance and be eligible for a TS/SCI security clearance.
2. Must possess at time of start a minimum IA Security certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M at the IAT-II level. Please reference https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/for a list of approved certifications. IAT-III level certifications are also acceptable.
3. Must possess at time of start a minimum one of the following computing environment certifications:
a. CompTIA A+ CE
b. Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Windows Operating System Fundamentals
c. Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
1. Must be able to lift 70lbs.
2. Some travel between agency site and Fairchild AFB may be required to perform assigned duties.