Assistant Superintendent/ Project Engineer
M.C. Lundgren Inc.
Multi-Family Construction Developements
JOB SUMMARY Acting under the supervision of the Project Superintendent/Project Manager, the Assistant Superintendent is responsible for supporting 100% all policy set by the Project Superintendent, and functions as a viable member of the team on site: Project Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent/
Project Manager. Is at all times, an example to the entire crew on the job of MCL standards and policies. Coordinates with Project Superintendent opening and securing job site. Directly supervises sub-contractors as well as MCL employees as assigned by the Project Superintendent. Has complete knowledge of plans, specs, procedures.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate and inventory all deliveries.
2. Coordinate and inventory all dispersal's, i.e., stocking the buildings.
3. Coordinate and enforce job site housekeeping and trash removal.
4. Document and monitor the Evergreen program or any other green building programs as required. Maintain the Evergreen binder up to date with applicable pictures, submittals and documentation.
5. Maintain time cards and labor tracking as directed by the Project Manager.
6. Conduct punch lists for every sub-contractor, for every unit, and for every phase.
7. Perform miscellaneous carpentry tasks as needed and as falls between sub-contracts, example, install signs, etc. (Be aware that we must have each sub-contractor finish his work 100%. We are not budgeted to pick-up after the sub-contractors leave.)
8. Be conscience of MCL needs at all times and adhere to the established schedule and budget.
9. During finish phases, be aware of unit cleanliness, thermostat control, locking and unlocking of units, and general job security.
10. Be creative, energetic, a self-starter.
11. Participate in or conduct weekly safety meetings and enforce MCL safety program.
12. Conduct building punch and supervise punch crews.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS Work with and as an extension of the Project Superintendent. In charge of all MCL employees tasks and hours, monitoring all sub-contractors attendance, production, and quality as directed by the Project Superintendent. In charge of MCL accident prevention program, safety hazards, weekly meeting, etc., and of all MCL's materials, unloading, stocking, and inventory list. Have the ability to make repairs, pick-up, and show knowledge of all trades.
JOB SUMMARY Acting under the direction of the Project Manager, the Project Engineer is responsible for assisting in reviewing plans; reviewing submittals; estimating labor and materials, including material suppliers and sub-contractors; securing the lowest competitive bids for all aspects of construction on the assigned projects; maintaining documentation and accurate records.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Estimating to include: assist with material quantity takeoffs and comparisons.
2. Documentation to include: assist in writing RFI's, Purchase Orders, Back-Charges and Change Orders; monitoring sub-contractors agreements and noting problems and providing explanations. Reviewing product submittals and checking for accuracy and submitting reviewed submittals to the architect.
3. Organizing to include: assist in identifying problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job; prioritizing tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; overseeing the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors; verifying that the site is organized and clean, and that satisfactory progress is being made in order to meet the established completion target.
4. Project Closeout to include: Responsible for the preparation and distribution of the project Operations and Maintenance Manuals. Collecting close out documents such as lien releases, affidavits of wages paid and warranty letters.
5. Quality Control to include: assist in assuring all procedures and workmanship meet MCL standards.
6. Communication to include: assist in all communication relating to the assigned project. Communication is in writing.
7. Goals include: assist in completing the entire project or projects on time or ahead of schedule, and in or under budget; maintaining the established Company Quality Standards.