About Pilgrim’s Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow. Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future! Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our SEASONAL HARVEST HELP TEAM at the FEED MILL! This position starts at $19.43/hour, with Shift Differential if applicable (+$1.00 Shift Differential on Afternoon Shift or +$1.50 Shift Differential on Night Shift). At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. Pilgrim's is currently looking to fill part time seasonal harvest help positions. Position will start in September and run into November or December. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
This position would provide assistance where and when needed to our current staff in the general labor areas of the feed mill. Openings on days, afternoons and weekend shifts
Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies.
Follow all company animal welfare guidelines.
Other duties as directed.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· Ability to comprehend simple instructions
· Ability to apply common sense.
· Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to work in the elements, temperatures will vary
· Ability to stand and use hands for 8-11 hours per day
· Ability to multitask and work quickly
· Must be a team player and be willing to work close to other employees at some stations. (Less than 3 feet apart.)
· Must have good communication skills.
· Good hand and eye coordination required.
· High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
· Intermediate Analytical skills preferred.
· Basic computer skills or strong willingness to learn preferred.
· Desire for continuous improvement preferred