Our great client in Milwaukee, WI has an immediate opening for a Product Owner. If you are interested please apply with resume to .
As a Product Owner, you will be working closely with the operational business teams and technology resources from both the IS organization and external partners, responsible for creating detailed business concepts in support of multiple large-scale projects to implement a business process roadmap to ensure core business operations become more efficient, secure, customer friendly, and operates within prudent operational risk and regulatory controls. Additional responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with business teams to create and document future state vision. Serve as voice of the business as a member of the project team.
• Analyze existing business processes and systems identifying for opportunities to innovate, streamline and automate.
• Comprehensive ideation and distillation of complex business processes to design business solutions and product concepts.
• Develops and presents comprehensive proposals for product concepts to business community, refining based on business and operations feedback, driving buy-in for key areas of innovation and facilitating stakeholder acceptance throughout the delivery
• Ensure delivery team, comprised of corporate and external vendor resources, thoroughly understands product concepts and associated business capabilities and detailed features necessary to attain the product vision
• As a member of the agile team, responsible for directing the work and contributing to the creation of features and user stories, maintaining the backlog, and daily participation with the team as needed to provide details relative to 'what' needs to be delivered. Prioritize work and contribute to refinement of sprint planning to ensure value is delivered each sprint.
• Effectively prioritize requests to remain consistent with corporate priorities and transformation objectives.
• Support user acceptance testing initiative to ensure business objectives are being met.
• ?Facilitate end-user adoption activities for operational training and rollout, including but not limited to training guides, policy and procedures, and additional change management activities as necessary
Do you have what it takes?
Education: Completion of Bachelor's Degree. Additional experience (2 years) beyond the minimum (below) may be substituted for education beyond an Associate Degree.
• Extensive experience in business process re-engineering
• Experience with business process modeling tools and activities for shaping lean business processes
• In depth knowledge of residential mortgage industry and the role of mortgage insurance
• Project management principles and practices
Experience: More than 7 years of recent experience performing advanced work in area of specialization.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Design skills in creating concepts from scratch
• Interpretation and assessment of stakeholder priorities
• Provide work direction
• Cultivates innovation
• Demonstrated organizational savvy
• Ability to bring differing opinions together for a common goal/purpose
• Ability to think strategically
• Willingness to travel to industry conferences, locations to conduct concept development and/or training and rollout activities (25% or greater)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or