Title: Sr. Software Engineer- OS Expert
Location Waukesha, WI Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering Required Experience/Skills\
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development
- Experience in software development on SUSE Linux Operating system
- Experience building GNU-based toolchains for cross-compilation
- Experience in object-oriented design methodology and programming languages one or more such as Python, Perl
- Familiarity with Borne shell and C shell scripting in a Unix environment
- Working knowledge of databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience in configuration management tools such as GitHub/Perforce
- Experience with software automation
Role and Responsibilities: - Responsible for migrating MRI scanner software operating system to SUSE Linux platform from Scientific Linux - Own the full lifecycle of the deliverables including analysis, design, development, release and maintenance
.- Ability to collect high level requirements, translate that into well thought out design & implement the solution.
- Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.- Deliver to expected timelines and quality standards.
- Able to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using discretion to seek help.
- Collaborate with senior engineers to design solutions and drive those decisions into the design of automation solutions.
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and able to implement them using chosen language. - Areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to operating system, networks, databases, applications or testing
- Work across the entire software development lifecycle including high-level and detailed design, software implementation, verification, documentation and maintenance activities.