WASILLA-BASED INDUSTRIAL SHOP OFFICE MANAGER NEEDED
Local, family-owned heavy equipment parts & service shop is seeking an Office Manager to serve all front-of-house needs from their Wasilla-based shop location. Duties range from customer service and light bookkeeping, to organizing and coordinating all administrative duties and office procedures. The qualified Office Manager will create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
- Greeting and serving customers at the front desk, answering phone calls/taking detailed messages, efficiently responding to company email, and serving as the first point of contact for customers.
- Scheduling jobs and maintaining shop calendar.
- Managing point-of-sale systems and handling all customer transactions, ensuring that all customer jobs are invoiced and paid on time.
- Managing office supply needs and providing general administrative support to employees, serving as primary point person for any office-related duties, company errands or bill-paying.
- Accurate and efficient bookkeeping using either FreshBooks or QuickBooks, including data entry of customer information, regular tax & insurance filing, and other light bookkeeping/record-keeping.
- Assistance in managing contracts, pricing and orders with vendors & suppliers.
- Ensure smooth operation of day-to-day office functions, improve the efficiency of office procedures and maintain a clean, organized office environment.
- Collaborating with Marketing on ensuring growth of customer database and taking project photos/videos to share on social media.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a front office manager or office administrator is an advantage.
- Standing as an active Notary is preferred.
- Must have experience with a variety of office software, tools & systems (email tools, spreadsheets, databases, printers, networks, etc).
- Proficiency with either FreshBooks or QuickBooks is required.
- Aptitude for scheduling and organizing, with a mindset for continuous efficiency and quality improvement.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workload in a casual shop environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable phone etiquette and customer service skills.
- High school diploma; additional qualification as an administrative assistant or bookkeeper will be a plus.
- Trustworthiness and dependability are critical for this role. All applicants must pass a background check.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, so the qualified applicant will be able to start immediately. Compensation is negotiable and scaled based on experience and education.
To apply, please respond to this posting with a resume and cover letter detailing why the position is of interest to you.