The Traffic Control Coordinator/Manager will be responsible for supervising Onsite Traffic Control Supervisors, Pilot Car Drivers, and Flaggers on all construction projects.
Must have supervisory skills, management experience, and good public relations conduct.
Be knowledgeable and experienced with the requirements of the MUTCD, Alaska Traffic Manuel, Alaska DOT Standards and Specification Section 643 and the implementation of those requirements.
- Read Plans and Specifications for each project and prepare TCP's for all projects throughout duration of the project.
- Prepare Public Notices for each project and supervise the distribution.
- Handle all comments and concerns from the Public as reported. This includes being the point of contact on all Public Notices.
- Complete Daily Inspection Reports and Device Count/Payment Paperwork for all projects. (Onsite Traffic Control Supervisor will assist with device counts.)
- Supervise the purchasing, production, or replacement as needed for all signs and devices needed for each project.
- Review and anticipate traffic control needs on a daily basis for all projects and ensure the proper TCP's, Flaggers, and devices are available to the Onsite Traffic Supervisors allowing each project can achieve safe and efficient traffic operations every day.
- Supervise the scheduling of flaggers to ensure the scope of work is met each day.
- Review daily timecards for all Traffic Supervisors and Flaggers to assure proper completion.
- Attend all safety meetings, weekly project meetings with superintendent(s), foremen, subcontractors, and engineer(s) for all projects.
- Supply and supervise set up and use of all night lighting.
- Manage all certifications for Traffic Supervisors and Flaggers.
- Communicate with project Owner regarding Traffic Control and Public Relation needs and concerns.
- Current certification as a Traffic Control Supervisor by either:
- American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA)
- Work Zone Temporary Traffic Control Technician, or Work Zone Safety Specialist----International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA)
- Valid driver's license or CDL
- Has or willing to obtain a Medical Examiner's Certificate to comply with FMCA Safety Regulations
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Works well with little supervision
- Problem solver
- Works well with others and in groups
- Has temporary traffic control work experience that demonstrates an understanding of concepts, techniques, and practices in the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices, and skill in designing, reading, interpreting, implementing, and modifying TCPs.
- Basic map reading and ability to easily navigate the area
- Successful completion of a Physical Abilities Screening
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Load devices and secure on trailer/flatbeds for transport to/from projects.
- Work in diverse weather conditions
- Able to drive for long periods, to and from all projects daily.
Work Place Values Requirement:
- Promote a culture of safety as we strive to reach Goal Zero.
- Comply and abide by Colas' Code of Ethics.
- Learn, practice and share the Colaska-Improvement Method.
- Use continuous improvement as a tool to improve process, performance, safety and quality, including looking for ways to eliminate waste.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day
To apply, please go to Colaska.com/careers
Exclusive Paving is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here. For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Exclusive Paving will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.