Location: Chandler, AZ
Title: Engineer-Transport - II
Location: Chandler-AZ (Remote Till COVID)
Duration: 12 Months
MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
• Knowledge in wavelength division multiplexing technology.
• Knowledge of OSI stack and IPV4/IPV6 addressing.
• Experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
• Experience with Granite circuit database.
• Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project.
• Executive level troubleshooting, problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills.
• Decision making skills.
• Superior organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to learn new technology quickly and apply working knowledge of wireless engineering on new projects.
• Must be self-motivated, show initiative, and be able to work independently.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills needed.
• Need to be highly productive and pay close attention to detail.
• Experience with engineering and engineering economic principles.
• Knowledge in CWDM/DWDM Optical Transport systems
• Experience with Dark Fiber vendors, their organizational processes and standards, as well as their network portfolio maps.
• Knowledge of related interconnect circuits, type and features i.e. EBH/EOS/TDM/Dark Fiber.
• Knowledge on wireless 4G and 5G wireless services as it pertains to architecture, 3GPP option 3X, etc.
• Knowledge of centralized ran as it pertains to interconnections in an urban environment.
• Knowledge of VXLan or segment routing and other routing and networking protocols i.e. MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, TCP/IP, VLAN.
• Product knowledge of Nokia SR1 Lineup, IXR-S, IXR-E, Ciena ROM6500, Fujitsu CDS transport equipment
• RAN product knowledge of Ericsson equipment
The Engineer - Interconnect is responsible for providing complete technical oversight and project management for transport network expansion projects. These projects focus on the expansion of the EBH and dark fiber networks. You will be responsible for development and issuance of RFP documents to fiber providers, managing the proposal response cycle, comparison and selection of bids, and management of equipment, purchase orders, and change orders.
• Support senior engineers with equipment & vendor management needs, purchase orders, and change orders.
• Manage vendors to meet targeted network milestones and turn-up dates.
• Attend frequent project update meetings to present current status of ending and ongoing projects
• Provide technical support and project management for the design, acquisition, and implementation for all equipment supporting Network infrastructure projects including, but not limited to routers, optics, and DWDM deployed throughout the client Network.
• Maintain an engineering database for documentation of all fiber assets; plant, FDP panels, and IRU contract management.
• Interface constantly with higher levels of the management team across various organizations as part of the process of managing all facets of large, complex infrastructure deployments.
• Manage budgets, procurement, and complete project management ensuring objectives are met in accordance with stated timelines.
• Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
• Three or more years or relevant work experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
• Five or more years of experience in the cellular/telecommunications industry in a Transport engineering role.
• Standard 8-5 shift, Mon-Fri
• Office in Chandler AZ, working a hybrid work schedule between the office and home.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com