Job Opening: Full-Time SUD Counselor
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM
Description:An experienced SUD Counselor is needed for a high end 18 bed mental health, dual diagnosis facility for adults.
1. Ensure client records for assigned case load and complete and up to date.
2. Oversee documentation in clinical section of each client chart.
3. Attend and participate in weekly clinical meetings.
4. Complete clinical assessments and weekly treatment plans.
5. Coordinate ongoing out come measure as required.
6. Initiate discharge planning upon admission.
7. Individual sessions for all assigned clients weekly.
8. Conduct group counseling, education, and meetings per program schedule.
1. Certification or equivalent (Alcohol & Drug Counselor recognized by DHCS).
2. Minimum 2 years experience in the field of alcohol or other drug services.
3. Computer competence. (Microsoft Office, Electronic Health Records).
4. Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
5. Understanding of group process, different types of curriculum and 12 steps.
6. Must be at least 2 years sober if in recovery.
Compensation: $17-$20, Pay is dependent of certification level and experience plus benefits.