Database Migration Solution Engineer
Contract to Hire
- Primary - San Francisco or Palo Alto
- Secondary - Chicago
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you'll combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology through solid engineering practices. You'll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists.
With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing, and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. This role will improve the ability for development teams to implement, manage and modernize databases. Your passion and experience in understanding data, modern application architectures, and database technologies will help solve complex and mission critical problems. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you'll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Responsible for developing database migration solutions, provide advisory, strategy, and approach for migrating Cassandra or other NoSQL database workload to AWS. Assess suitability of AWS DynamoDB for Cassandra workload.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
• Experience developing and implementing applications and frameworks
• Experience with application performance tuning
• Mastery of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Command of architecture, design, and business processes
• Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
• Experienced with Database technologies, migrations, and architectures.
• Experienced with AWS Aurora PostgreSQL/MySQL, RDS Oracle, AWS DynamoDB, S3, AWS SCT/DMS, AWS Redshift, Oracle, Cassandra.
• Experienced working in a hybrid cloud environment, public and private clouds
• Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
• Passionate about building an innovative culture
• Experienced in modern programming languages
• Prefer experience with AWS Services, VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS and EMR.
• Prefer experience building and deploying cloud native applications utilizing CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and provisioning and managing resources on cloud platforms using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
• Prefer experience with database change management tools such as Liquibase and Flyway is a plus
W2 employees are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer .