Manager Needed - Coffee and Craft Brew (Hillcrest - San Diego)
Floor Manager needed for high-volume independent full-service & fast-casual coffee cafe concept in Bankers Hill in San Diego.
La Marque is looking for fun, energetic individuals who enjoy a fast-paced, high-volume and from-scratch restaurant environment. We want someone that wants to operate their own business and will be given the tools to do so, who is not afraid of a challenge or to get their hands dirty. We are dedicated to providing our guests with the best quality coffee, and foods made from scratch using high quality natural and organic ingredients.
La Marque is a craft cafe, focusing on high quality coffee and teas and serving a European style breakfast. We want to educate and promote the highest quality coffee as well as acknowledge that each coffee is different. We offer multiple brands of coffee and tea throughout the day, breakfast, light bites, pastries and other goodies. Must be at least 21 years old. We feel that the neighborhood needs a casual tapas style restaurant, where you can enjoy light food and pair it with a cup of coffee/tea, a glass of wine, or a nice craft brew.
- Take charge in the management of operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, systems use and management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement.
- Oversee new training
- Monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards.
- Monitoring and assessing product quality and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Initiating and implementing in-cafe marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue.
- Recruiting, interviewing and training team members.
- Available for flexible full-time work hours, including weekends and holidays. This will include working regular shifts and acting in a supervisory role.
- Responsible for social media marketing
- Reports to owner
- Light accounting/filing
- Cash flow management
- Ordering inventory and maintaining relationships with vendors
Personal Qualities:*Accountability. To yourself and to others.
*Infectious positive attitude with a winning smile.
*You love the people factor. Connecting with your peers, staff & guests is your forte.
*Open communication style...the ability to convey concise details.
*Great base knowledge of all things beverage related (wine, beer and cocktails).
*A minimum of 1 year previous experience as a restaurant manager of a cafe, fast-casual or full-service restaurant.
*A passion for delivering quality in every aspect of hospitality.
*Great communication & strong leadership skills.
*Strong food knowledge and an understanding of kitchen operations, including scratch cooking.
*Previous restaurant accounting, ordering inventory experience.
*A strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to teach, coach, train and mentor staff members.
*The ability to work under pressure in fast-paced restaurant environment.
* The ability to think on your feet and react when the situation warrants.
If you're interested in getting in on the ground floor of managing your own restaurant or company, please email the following information to be considered for this position with the subject of the email "Coffee - Your name"
1) Current resume.
2) Salary/hourly requirements
3) Why you think you would be a good fit.
4) Professional & personal references.