Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It's where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we're solving on our Blog.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about making Twitch safer, more inclusive, and a nicer place to enjoy? You will do exactly that in our team! You will be part of a growing Machine Learning team which develops and deploy algorithms that are the first line of defense of users' safety at Twitch. You will work with passionate co-workers who live Twitch's mission and put their hearts into their work. If this sounds like an environment where you will succeed then come to our team!
You can work in San Francisco, Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT.
• Build machine learning (ML) products to protect Twitch users from bad behavior such as spam, phishing, and violent or illegal content
• Develop scalable machine learning infrastructure for deploying ML models on petabytes of data.
• Develop data pipelines at scale.
• Develop tools for robustly training, integrating, and monitoring ML models and services in the wild
• Help determine best practices for the usage of machine learning models in production to serve our community
• Build tools and infrastructure that empower applied scientists to prototype and deploy machine learning models in response to trust and safety concerns
• Partner with fellow engineering and science teams to accomplish complex projects together
• Have 3+ years industry software engineering experience
• Have 2+ years of work experience building large-scale production Machine Learning systems or distributed systems
• Have experience building distributed services or ML applications and scaling computation to thousands of machines in Cloud technologies (e.g AWS, Google Cloud Platform) with containerization software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
• Experience working with large scale data processing and orchestration tools such as Airflow and Kubeflow
• Experience with streaming data and event-driven systems, and tools like Kinesis, Kafka, Flink, and Spark
• Experience with ML frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, and AWS Sagemaker
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $143,700 - $194,400 yr and in New York City is $158,100 - 213,800 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.