Sansum Clinic seeks a Systems Architect, Manager to provide technical support and administration of our computer systems.
We ask you to review the requirements and responsibilities closely and if you are interested in this opportunity, you must apply directly on our careers page: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1102541&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000487710206&fromPublish=true#/
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the responsibilities assigned.)
1. Architect/and designs Citrix based solutions based on industry standards and best practices.
2. Outlines Citrix infrastructure life cycle with regards to the environment; design, deploy, manage, and support.
3. Provides architectural guidance as it relates to Citrix technology and products
4. Provides subject matter expertise and train technical support staff on new advancements or features in Citrix and associated technology.
5. Develops, as needed, documentation for Citrix products including infrastructure, server build, VDI, licensing, application delivery, Q/A testing, and acceptance documents.
6. Ensure the effective support and maintenance of the Sansum Clinic computers including servers, storage, desktops, printers and peripherals systems to industry standards and in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
7. Establishes server and application delivery specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access information, and requirements; designing server and storage infrastructure, including configuration for reliability, redundancy and application security.
8. Establishes enterprise backup and recovery to ensure the data is protected and accessible.
9. Establishes secure and reliable application delivery, availability, utilization, throughput; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of computer and related equipment.
10. Maintains server farm and application delivery performance by performing server and application monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting computer problems; escalating problems to vendor.
11. Researches and apply best practice and industry standard solutions in the performance of day-to-day support of the server farm and the datacenter.
12. Supports disaster recovery by designing and maintaining appropriate, recoverable server, storage and storage technologies. Create and maintain disaster recovery procedures and documentation.
13. Troubleshoots and resolve problems per documented methods and instruction.
14. Ensures desktop and peripheral devices are installed and accede in a secure manner and ensure against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
15. Responds to helpdesk tickets as assigned and present customer feedback to management. Monitor task status through completion and provide status updates.
16. Maintains equipment per established practices and guidelines and per the disaster recovery plans.
17. Maintains awareness of duties in the assigned functional area to identify compliance efficiencies and cost savings.
18. Maintains as current knowledge of Sansum Clinic computer systems, software application, and participate in system upgrades and testing.
19. Participates in rotating on-call schedule with other department members; will carry a cell phone and pager.
20. Participates in training activities to maintain technical currency and to broaden product knowledge. Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of assigned applications and duties.
21. Participates in department quality improvement, clinic safety, infection control and hazardous materials programs and activities.
22. Position requires discretion and a high degree of confidentiality.
23. Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein or as assigned by management.
24. Adheres to HIPAA regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS: Knowledgeable in supporting computer desktop hardware, OS and application software running on Microsoft Windows. Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with RFP/RFI process; vendor selection, system selection, system assessment, system designing, equipment procurement, vendor management, software licensing. Ability to oversee a team of technical staff and vendors and work in a time critical networked environment. Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes. Ability to sit at a computer keyboard, view a computer monitor, and use a telephone headset for extended periods of time. Meets production standards with established time requirements. Demonstrate respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, customers, the public, managers, and co-workers. Protects the safety of others and of the physical plant and equipment, following institution policies, fire, safety, and infection control regulations. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Ability to adapt to varied, age-specific and/or specialized groups. Ability to understand use, function, interpret, document, and keep records. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to organize and prioritize work. Ability to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to reason and make sound judgments. Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, management, patients, medical staff, and the public. Skill in accepting constructive criticism and giving suggestions in a professional manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE:
Prefer one or more industry certifications: Citrix - CCA, CCIA, CCEE, and/or other relevant industry recognized certifications.
Bachelors Degree and/or related experience and five-plus years of direct involvement in computer administration in a large distributed TCP/IP Microsoft Windows; and Citrix, VMware environment.
Experienced manager with minimum of five (5) years of direct responsibility building and leading technical teams.
Must have experience performing the design and support of Citrix infrastructure including hosting a large catalog of applications and VDI infrastructure. Leadership skills in directing multiple simultaneous projects/incidents are crucial.
Previous role as a Senior Citrix Architect/Engineer is desired.
Experienced in the governance over Citrix XenApp, and XenDesktop infrastructure.
Experience in supporting physical and virtual servers, desktops, printers, and peripherals in a TCP/IP network environment, including email, anti-spam, and anti-virus software.