Multiple Custodian positions available.
- Battle Mountain High School -- able to work 2:00 pm - 10:30 p.m.
- Edwards Elementary School -- able to work 1:00pm to 9:30pm
- Substitute Custodian -- hours vary.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Perform housekeeping services to maintain a clean and safe environment for students and staff.
SUPERVISED BY: Lead Custodian
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain an attractive appearance for all buildings and grounds (e.g. grounds, walks, windows, etc.).
2. Inspect and report to the supervisor the need to replace/repair materials and small equipment and report any maintenance needs and complete minor maintenance including, but not limited to the following:
â¢ Submit cleaning supply and lamp orders
â¢ Install and/or relocate boards, pencil sharpeners, shelves, maps
â¢ Purchase and install chair glides, table feet, etc.
â¢ Change lamps, diffusers, switch/cover plates
â¢ Clean clay traps
â¢ Add water/enzymes to floor drains - weekly
â¢ Repair lockers and locker locks
â¢ Repair furniture
â¢ Monitor central plant - maintain logbook
â¢ Monitor kitchen equipment - maintain logbook
â¢ Conduct Site Safety Inspection items as assigned
â¢ Tighten lock and door hardware as needed
â¢ Plunge/auger toilets and drains
â¢ Clean and complete minor repairs on custodial equipment
â¢ Police grounds and report landscaping issues
â¢ Replace ceiling tiles
â¢ Complete summer paining (1/3 of building per year).
3. Clean school classrooms, doors, windows, chalkboards, trays, floors and counters and empty wastebaskets.
4. Establish and maintain effective communication with students, staff, and the public.
5. Mop or buff hallways, offices, gymnasiums, and other areas of the building according to an established schedule.
6. Clean the building offices and lounges according to an established schedule.
7. Clean and disinfect all building restrooms according to an established schedule.
8. Identify and utilize correct cleaning materials as directed by supervisor.
9. Dust mop or vacuum the gymnasium floors according to an established schedule. After any activities, clean and push back bleachers.
10. Complete cleaning tasks after special events and during vacation periods.
11. Cleaning areas in accordance with schedule including but not limited to the following:
â¢ Wash all painted wall surfaces
â¢ Wash all lockers inside and outside
â¢ Wash all shelves, counter tops, cabinet doors, sinks
â¢ Wash all classroom door, door jambs, window sills
â¢ Wash windows inside and outside
â¢ Remove and wash light fixture covers and tubes
â¢ Replace any burned out bulbs
â¢ Clean inside teacher office area
â¢ Wash window blinds with soap and water
â¢ Make any small repairs as needed
â¢ Shampoo carpets
â¢ Strip wax from tile areas, re-wax and buff
â¢ Wash all trash cans
â¢ Refinish gymnasium floors
12. Secure building at end of work shift.
13. Complete all work tasks in a safe manner.
14. Perform other duties assigned by the Lead Custodian, Building Principal, or the Director of Facilities.
Students, staff, parents, and vendors.
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred or job related experience
2. Effective communication and interpersonal skills
3. Physical ability to perform all job functions
4. Willingness to follow directions
5. Ability to read and speak limited English
* Exposure to chemicals
* Exposure to bodily fluids
* Exposure to electrical shock
* Exposure to weather
* Far acuity
* Field of vision
* Heavy lifting (up to 100 lbs)
* Near acuity