QR Code Link to This Post
Busy GI office in Waterburying seeks MA (Waterbury)
Compensation: based on experience
Employment type: full-time
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: M-Th 7:30am-5:30pm
Salary: Based on experience
Busy Gastroenterology office in Waterbury seeks Certified Medical Assistant to join our practice.
- Current Medical Assistant Certifications, with at least one year clinical experience in a GI related setting preferred.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task are a must.
- Computer skills are critical
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications preferred
Significant Functions of the Job:
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history; confirming purpose of the visit, reviewing current medications, obtaining vitals
- Preparing patient charts for daily office visits
- Preparing and maintaining exam rooms for office visits and minor procedures
-Answer patient's inquiries concerning test orders and medications using appropriate medical terminology
- Obtain insurance authorization for testing and medication
- Perform EKG's
- Ensure patient confidentiality
- Maintain professional appearance and personal conduct at all times
- Travel to satellite office in Southbury once a month
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients
- Effectively cope with typical job stress
Please respond to this posting with a cover letter and reason for why you believe you would be an asset to our company