CEO of a home-based consulting business seeks a high-energy Personal Assistant and Housekeeper to help manage her home, office and lifestyle in Groton, Connecticut.
The ideal candidate is someone who is punctual, extremely organized, a great communicator, discreet and tech-savvy. Experience with supporting a business owner/corporate executive in the past is a major plus!
This is a paid, part-time, contractor position for 8-10 hours per week, depending on how much needs to get done that week. Ideally, the candidate would work 2 days per week for 4-5 hours each on those days. The compensation is $20 per hour. Hours are flexible between Monday-Thursday. Job is located in the CEO's home in Groton, Connecticut.
Your responsibilities will vary each week from housekeeping duties, office tasks, personal errands to business/admin projects. The CEO will provide a detailed to-do list for you to complete each day you come in to work.
Typical tasks include:
- Schedule personal appointments and add to Google Calendar such as doctor's visits, massages, spa, hair salon, etc.
- Mail out gifts to clients via UPS, post office, etc.
- Organize household repairs, inspections, furniture deliveries, etc.
- Help unpacking household items
- Assistance with packing for trips and unpacking luggage
- Make travel reservations for CEO
- Book car service for trips to and from the airport
- Drop off clothing and household donations to Goodwill
- Send off product/clothing returns at UPS, etc.
- Order fresh flower arrangements for home on a weekly basis
- Schedule cleaning services for home on a bi-weekly basis
- Order weekly groceries and schedule delivery
- Purchase bulk items from Costco, Amazon, etc.
- Order household/office items and restock necessary supplies including paper towels, toilet paper, printer ink, etc
- Organize closets, drawers, kitchen pantry, refrigerator, etc.
- Pick up and sort mail and packages from business mailbox on a weekly basis
- Keep household files and documents neat, organized and easy to find
- Organize incoming and outgoing household mail
- Refill water bottles and weekly vitamins for CEO
- Drop off and pick up dry cleaning
- Light housekeeping such as: keeping rooms tidy, sweeping, wash and fold laundry, run dishwasher, take out trash, throw out expired items in refrigerator and pantry
- Manage recycling and break down boxes
- Run personal errands as needed
- Complete administrative tasks as needed
To be successful in this position, you must:
- have an upbeat personality and a positive attitude
- enjoy organizing, planning, problem-solving and making other people's lives easier
- be curious, proactive and resourceful (in other words, if you don't already know the answer, you must be willing to find the answer on your own without being micro-managed)
- have reliable transportation
- be punctual and on time each day you come to work
- maintain a professional appearance while in the CEO's home
- complete weekly timesheets to account for 8-10 hours of work per week
- pass a background check and provide 2 references
- be available to begin work immediately
How to Apply in 3 Steps:
Step 1: Submit a brief resume and cover letter via email (subject line: Personal Assistant/Housekeeper Position]
Step 2: Include your cover letter IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL detailing:
1) Why you think you would be a good fit for this position and how you think you could best support the CEO
2) The specific hours you are available to work Monday-Thursday in 4-5 hour increments
Step 3: Attach a photo of yourself along with your cover letter so we can put a face to your name!
Interview process: If selected for an interview, you must be able to provide 2 professional references who can offer insight about your skills and work ethic. These references should be other clients or supervisors NOT co-workers, family members or friends. We will also conduct a background check. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please DO NOT contact us about the status of your application.
Start date: Immediately. (If you cannot begin work immediately, please do not apply.)
Compensation: You will be paid $20 USD per hour. This is a part-time contractor position for 8-10 hours per week.