There is an immediate opportunity in Rocky Hill, Connecticut through Robert Half for a Systems Engineer-apply today! This position is a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure, so our Systems Engineer must be prepared for such duties. This is a long-term contract / temporary opportunity. Don't wait - apply today!
- Register and conserve custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Assert backup, security, and redundancy strategies
- Deliver 2nd and 3rd level support
- Operate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Direct and supervise all installed systems and infrastructure
- Take preventive measures to confirm the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Keep an eye on and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, discern possible solutions, and concur with developers to put into practice those fixes
- Configure, test, install, and maintain application software, operating systems, and system management tools
- Lend a hand to the design of information and operational support systems
- We are particularly looking for candidates who have experience with automation software
- It is preferred for applicants to have experience with virtualization and containerization
- Microsoft Azure experience desired
- Expertise in VMware
- You'll be a good fit for this position if you have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- This position will be the best fit for a candidate who has solid scripting skills
- You'll be a good fit for this position if you have solid networking knowledge
- We are particularly looking for candidates with proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
- Applicants should have experience with monitoring systems
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.