Terrific 12+ month contract opening (with strong chance for extension or conversion) in Tampa, FL for a Data Analytics Specialist/Data Steward responsible for providing oversight for the use, management, and integrity of the data across its lifecycle. Will focus on improving siloed approaches to data. Will be responsible for governance and oversight of data sets to improve and maintain the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the data. Will work closely with business process owners, operations and data custodians in the technology organization to ensure that corporate, data governance processes are followed for their respective subject-areas and domains. Will provide oversight of the change management processes for data models and data distribution channels.
• Build and improve the data landscape through:
• CDE identification, registration and mapping with application stack and inbound and outbound systems.
• Lineage documentation including mapping of physical data elements to CDEs across system data flow.
• Assessment and validation of data quality dimensions and control environment to understand where in the lineage controls exist and provide transparency into gaps.
• Ensure adherence to company's Data Management Policy.
• Partner extensively with Sr Data Stewards for respective applications across the organization.
• Experience acting as a point of accountability for data content and quality that is consumed, processed and distributed.
• Experience with products that support the governance process, including: data dictionaries, logical and physical lineage tracing, CDE identification and registration, and governance workflow.
• A strong understanding of data lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering.
• Strong Reference SATA domain knowledge.
• Strong preference for financial services industry experience.
• Strong understanding of the business requirements that drive data quality, translating those requirements into quality rules for execution in the data flow.
• Ability to work with system users to define requirements.
• Experience within a data governance program with knowledge of data governance practices.
• Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data specifications and quality rules.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong ability to communicate information, business process and system wide changes to a technical and nontechnical audience.
• Ability to work with technical and nontechnical staff.