QR Code Link to This Post
Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, testing, and repairs to International Trucks and Engines, Hino, Elgin, Vactor, Cummins, Allison, Heil, and other Truck Market products. This includes assuring each repair is performed in a manner that is both expeditious and cost effective to the customer and ITOH. Works in conjunction with the Service Supervisor/Writer as an internal resource and ensure that customers are completely satisfied with the service experience they receive on every product and services that ITOH provides.
1. Perform troubleshooting, document findings, assist in developing repair estimates..
2. Perform skilled repairs within required times and to desired accuracy. Document activities including cause of failure and repairs or service work performed.
3. Gather and present accurate equipment information (make/model, vin, esn, mileage) to the Service Supervisor in order to assure proper coverage is determined.
4. Perform troubleshooting by utilizing troubleshooting trees and documenting specific values when requested.
5. Work with Service Supervisor to draft accurate repair estimates (parts/labor) by completing quote sheets.
6. Perform repairs within 30% of International published SRT's (standard repair times). Assure labor is posted to applicable SRT's.
7. Notify immediate supervisor of non-operable, inadequate or unsafe equipment or working conditions.
8. Maintain immediate work area clean and free from debris.
9. Returned failed parts and cores (tagged appropriately) to Parts department upon repair completion.
10. Keep up to date on current International products, services and procedures. Complete prescribed training; a minimum of two weeks of training per year.
Measures / Work Plan:
1. Improve Service Dept. Revenue
2. Improve Service Dept. Gross Margins
3. Improve Technician Productive Efficiency
4. Improve WIP Management Process
5. Increase Focus to Safety Policies and Procedures
1. Health, Safety and Environment Level 2
2. Achievement Orientation Level 1
3. Results Management Level 1
4. Teamwork Level 1
Education, Experience & Other Requirements:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Complete set of technician tools.
3. 3+ years of related service technician experience or a technical school diploma.
4. Acceptable driving record (no more than two points; no DUIs).