QR Code Link to This Post
Licensed Practical Nurse (Level 1 & 2)
Facility: Oak Creek Rehabilitation Center, Kimberly, ID Status: Non-exempt
Direct Supervisor: Director of Nursing Indirect Supervisor: Administrator
Supervises: None specifically, but will be a shift leader when directed
Scheduling Requirements: Evenings/Nights
Travel Requirements: Minimal to none
The Licensed Practical Nurse will serve as a resource to team members in providing competent and compassionate clinical caring. The Licensed Practical Nurse will also work with the Director of Nursing and Administrator to resolve more significant issues that may arise during the course of care.
The Licensed Practical Nurse assumes daily responsibility in the following areas:
1. Ensure the safety of patients in the course of their daily living and treatment.
2. As directed, oversee the clinical and other care tasks of CNA and NA staff that are assigned to the floor.
3. Maintain and review charts, documentation and other reporting to ensure accurate recording of treatment.
4. Maintain controls for certain drug treatments.
5. Monitor, record, receive reports and report symptoms and changes in residentsâ conditions.
6. Provide support to physicians in the treatment of residents, including obtaining physician orders when necessary, reporting changes of condition immediately when necessary and supporting physicians while in the facility.
7. Implement physician treatment orders as directed.
8. Ensure care is provided in compliance with applicable regulations and company policies, and account with integrity incidents that are deemed reportable.
9. Conducts and supports the admissions process when necessary; including filling out proper paper work (ie. PASAR, POST), orienting resident and ensuring that the admission process is as accommodating as possible for the resident, the residentâs family, and the admitting facility.
10. Work well with all team members to ensure the smooth operation of clinical and non-clinical operations.
11. Respond appropriately to family and team member concerns.
12. Attend required in-services, or other required meetings.
13. Follow all safety protocols and policies as directed.
14. Other tasks, duties or projects as assigned.
Essential Qualifications (Level 1)
1. Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Idaho; and
2. Ability to think and work independently or with direction, and communicate effective with other team members.
3. Documented experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse, or leadership experience;
Preferred Qualifications (Level 2)
1. Receive training and certification in Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention
2. Any degrees, certifications or other qualifications to verify expertise.