Monarch Investment is looking for beginner to experienced roofers.
- $11 to $20/hour based on experience
- Year round, full-time employment
- Per diem for travel outside of central IL
- Company vehicle
This position is responsible for repairing and reroofing buildings owned by Monarch Investment. This may include residential or commercial buildings, flat or pitched roofs using a wide range of materials.
This position will require travel between several properties central IL, Milwaukee, Madison, Iowa, Minnesota, and Indiana. Must be willing to travel 30 - 75% of time outside of central IL. Per diem is offered when traveling. Must have a valid drivers license may be required to drive company vehicles and/or have access to reliable transportation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Covers roofs with roofing materials such as composition shingles or sheets, asphalt, gravel, rubber, spray foam or other materials to waterproof the roof
- Prepares roofs for roofing or re-roofing by inspecting, removing, replacing or covering underlayments, typically with plywood or OSB but other materials may be used.
- Cuts and installs strips of flashing into angles formed by walls, vents and any intersecting roof surfaces.
- Ensure that projects meet local, state and federal building codes
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect gutters and downspouts for damage and flow
- Minor repairs of gutters and downspouts when needed
- Paint surfaces connected to or within the scope of roofing work performed such as soffits or edging
- May be asked to assist on collecting bids from 3rd party vendors
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
High school diploma or equivalent
6+ months experience in roofing
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Good balance: able to work on 2+ story pitched roofs
Stamina: Be able to spend most of the day on their feet outside, sometimes during intense heat or cold.
Physical Demands / Work Environment (Continued):
- Requires walking primarily on a level surface and navigating stairs for regular periods throughout the day.
- Individuals may need to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, climb, reach, or lay down on a pitched roof.
- Must be able to push or lift weight of up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required.
Material and Equipment Directly used but not limited to:
Must provide some personal basic tools (Monarch does have a tool reimbursement program!):
Hammer, screw drivers, socket set, and other hand tools
Caulking gun, spray applicants such as paint and texture
Scaffolding when applicable
Applicants are subject to drug testing, criminal history, employment history, and credit check when applicable.
When applicable: Applicants must have valid drivers license and driver license report will be run.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.