The dishwashing associate is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures that designated work areas are maintained as clean, safe and sanitary.
Upholds the philosophy, core values and goals of the organization and ensures the Christian Mission of Lutheran Senior Services is realized so that Older Adults Live Life to the Fullest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Set up or break down dishwashing area.
2. Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glasses, tableware, and other cooking utensils.
3. Place rinsed items in racks to send through dishwashing machine.
4. Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
5. Sort and stack clean dishes.
6. Allow dishes and other items to dry in accordance with the departments established practice and procedure.
7. Carry clean dishes to cooks line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
8. Change dishwater in dishwashing machine and/or sinks as instructed
9. Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
10. Clean dish machine as instructed
General Kitchen Duties:
11. Remove trash and garbage to dumpster
12. Clean and roll/unroll mats
13. Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions
14. Sweep/mop floors
15. Sweep up trash as instructed
16. Conduct general cleaning as directed
17. Wipe up any spills to ensure safety
18. Deep cleaning as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
High School diploma or GED desired or in process, must be 16 years of age.
Previous experience working in a commercial kitchen preferred.
Ability to read and understand work instructions and assignments.
Must be patient and tolerant toward staff, residents, and family members.
Must have or be willing to receive a hepatitis A vaccine if working inside St. Louis County.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
The physical activities and demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
The Dishwashing Associate operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
This role requires extended periods of standing, walking intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reaching, stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, and manipulating various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. The Dishwashing Associate must have an ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be able to withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges, dish-washing machines, and at steam tables.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and standards. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws and standards.
Please apply online at: https://lssliving.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/LSSExternal/job/Springfield-IL-Concordia-Village/Dishwasher-PT-Evening-Concordia-Village71755-1