Job Req #: 21-04885
Job Description: Senior Application Developer
Location: Vernon Hills, IL
Position Type: ContractSUMMARY
The Senior Application Developer supports business process automation through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in software development.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years in application development.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or equivalent working experienceSKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Required: NoSQL Databases- MongoDB/Elastic Search
- Highly Preferred: Angular
- Skilled in Windows Forms (WinForms), WPF, AngularJS and limited Web Forms Development.
- Expertise in creating applications using technologies such as C#, SQL Server, Web Services, WCF, REST, API, MSTest/Nunit and XML.
- Mastery in use of development tools including Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, System i Navigator and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven knowledge of all stages of the software development life cycle. Experience with waterfall and agile is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate technical language aligning under required qualifications below.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- History of working independently with little direction.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with critical attention to detail and creative problem solving skills.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you! About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG s candidates and experience the difference!