If you are an experienced, certified middle school teacher, or a college graduate with a degree in education, you are instantly qualified for this exclusive teaching position at Eyas International Academy in Wuhan, China. We are a newly established international school that fully adopts American middle school curriculum, standards, assessment and pedagogy, and hires only qualified and experienced American teachers.
1. To work 40 hours per week (including 20 teaching hours)
2. To teach Grade 5 to Grade 8 students English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. (Each teacher teaches two of the four subjects).
3. To assess and track students growth, maintain appropriate records and prepare student progress reports.
4. To participate in training and curriculum development sessions.
5. To have his/her classes observed by the academic manager and peer teachers.
6. To provide teaching demonstration for incoming students.
What do we offer?
1. Annual income of USD 40,000 USD 50,000 after tax.
2. Monthly housing allowance for a fully furnished apartment throughout the contract.
3. 11 days of Chinese public holidays and 3 days of American holidays all paid
4. Up to 1,500 dollars per employee every year for domestic or international flights
5. Step by step guidance and assistance in Chinese work visa application
6. Reimbursing expenses on visa application, personal documents notarization, and apostille/authentication.
7. Complimentary annual accident insurance.
8. Top of the industry working environment
9. Career development opportunities in international education.
Who are we?
EYAS International Academy (EIA) is a newly established, state-of-the-art international school/training center. EIA provides an American-based curriculum in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies for Chinese students in Grades 5 8. EIA offers a day school (Monday Friday) and afterschool programs. The school is in the trendy, urban Wuhan Tian di Plaza, which offers numerous restaurants, bars, movie theaters, and shops. The school is also near the metro station, Yangtze River, and several large public parks.
Eyas Education Group, the parenting company that owns Eyas International Academy, is now entering its 11th year of its commitment in bridging English language proficiency gaps between Chinese students and that of the Western countries, as well as to bring worlds most advanced learning technologies, methodologies, and standards into Chinese classroom. Eyas Education Group currently owns five subsidiaries and 80 learning centers/schools in Beijing, Wuhan, Changsha, and Nanchang. Its business extends well into English training, early childhood education, art education for children, private kindergartens, and now private middle schools.
What is it like to work and live in Wuhan?
Wuhan is the biggest city in Central China and it's Chinas new Tier 1 city, but the cost of living here is significantly lower than that of other major cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen or Hong Kong. A fully furnished apartment costs less than 500 dollars per month, with internet and utilities included, and the average monthly expense on grocery and meals cost about 300 dollars.
Wuhan is Chinas most significant transportation hub and has the countrys top public transportation system. There is no need to buy or drive a car if you live in Wuhan, the citys 9 metro lines and hundreds of bus routes can literally get you anywhere in town without the frustration of getting stuck in rush hour traffic.
Wuhan is the worlds largest college town it is currently home to 89 higher education institutes and 1.3 million college students from all over the world. The city hosts some of the countrys most prestigious and renowned universities such as Wuhan University and Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
Wuhan also has countrys fastest growing foreign expat community, with over 110 thousand foreign expats registered as long-term residents in 2016, and working as engineers, teachers, doctors, college professors, lawyers, or business owners. It is never difficult to find authentic German pubs, American eateries, Italian pizzerias, Mexican taco bars or Japanese izakayas to hang out with friends from all over the world.
What do we seek in our candidates?
1. Comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in American middle school and high school curriculum, standards, and student assessment.
2. A genuine passion for childrens education.
3. An adventurous spirit, lovable character, and an open mind for different cultures and ideologies.
1. Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in education or related fields.
2. A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in American middle schools.
3. Credentialed teacher in language arts, social studies, math or science. (If the candidate previously only taught in private schools and does not possess a teaching credential, he/she must provide valid proof of previous teaching experience.)
4. Clean criminal background, which is required by Chinese embassies and consulate when candidates apply for their visas.
If you are interested in becoming a teacher and starting your once-in-a-lifetime China experience with us, please take 10 minutes to help us complete a brief online survey to see if you are eligible for the position.
Form Address: https://forms.gle/ouYvZkmGriebPFy5A
Upon completing the survey, feel free to send us a copy of your updated CV by directly replying to this ad. We will contact you within 3 business days.