The person in this position is responsible for cleaning and maintenance tasks throughout the school building, which include light to moderate lifting, as well as basic repairs.
All areas in each facility are to be serviced per the schedule of services below. This includes all classrooms, restrooms, offices, libraries, auditoriums, gymnasiums, hallways, stairwells, as well as parking lots, grounds, entranceways, play areas, fields and any other area within each facilitys campus.
Daily Service (Porter, Light Maintenance): All areas, as directed by the Director of Finance and Operations or School Leadership
- Daily sweeping of grounds and removal of litter, clutter, etc.
- Occasional porter tasks, including carrying boxes and moving furniture
- Occasional set-up, break-down, and support for daytime events and activities
- Any other duties that help in the day-to-day operations at the facility
Daily Service (Multiple Times per Day): Restrooms, locker rooms, etc.
- Stock paper towels, tissue, and hand soap
- Empty sanitary napkin receptacles and damp wipe with disinfectant
- Empty trash receptacles, wipe down, and re-line
- Clean and polish mirrors
- Wipe towel cabinet covers
- Clean and disinfect all toilets, toilet seats and urinals, inside and out
- Scour and disinfect all basins. Polish bright work
- Dust partitions, tops of mirrors and frames
- Remove splash marks from walls around basins
- Spot clean all instances of graffiti: Report vandalism or non-removable graffiti to School Facility Manager immediately
- Wet mop and rinse restroom floors with disinfectant
Daily Service (All Meal Times): Cafeteria and Classroom
- Monitor for spills
- Wipe down tabletops between grade levels using the cafeteria, as well as at the end of service during breakfast, lunch and supper service
- Spot sweep as necessary during breakfast, lunch and supper service
- Empty, wipe out, and re-line all trash receptacles after breakfast, lunch and supper service
- Wet mop entire classroom/cafeteria floor after breakfast, lunch and supper service
- Provide extra trash cans and custodial support when lunch is delivered and consumed on grade-level hallways
Go to www.teachcbr.org to submit an application through our online application process.
Collegiate Academies encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. Collegiate Academies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Collegiate Academies does not sponsor employment visas.