POSITION: District Manager - Healthcare Experience A MUST
REPORTS TO: President of Operations
Provides overall planning, direction and control to assigned food service units, within a defined district to achieve operating, financial and regulatory compliance goals. Provides instruction and direction to Food Service Directors and other District personnel. Establishes and maintains effective customer rapport. Operates all facilities to maximize the effectiveness of utilization of client resources. Has a solid working knowledge of the FMG software program. Is able to teach, install and work through field problems. From time to time backs-up software sales and installations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In conjunction with the President of Operations, interprets and ensures compliance with FMG policies, procedures and guidelines to promote their consistent application within each District.
2. Conducts operational visits to District units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity. Visits units to insure conformance with government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation, and record keeping and FMG standards.
3. Observes typical meal service when visiting units. Evaluates food for taste, temperature, appearance and portion size. Investigates complaints regarding unit operation and effects satisfactory resolution of concerns with unit staff, customers and administration.
4. Develops realistic and accurate District forecasts. Monitors development of realistic and accurate unit forecasts. Ensures that each unit's financial performance meets client and FMG forecasts as specified in unit budget.
5. Establishes and maintains effective client and customer relations. Identifies client's needs, communicates unit progress, operating problems and new FMG programs to client. Interprets FMG financial reports for clients. Ensures that clients are aware of current applicable Government regulations.
6. Conducts and/or monitors customer attitude/food preference surveys. Attends appropriate food service committee meetings.
7. Participates in the sales process by discussing pre-proposal ideas, assisting in opening presentations, preparing opening team schedules and coordinating and leading opening teams as directed by the President of Operations. Conducts client negotiations and renegotiates unit contracts as directed by the President of Operations. Coordinates documentation of all contract changes.
8. Ensures consistent and equitable administration of Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations. Audits performance appraisals and employee files. Requires knowledge of facility and/or FMG Human Resources, policies, procedures and guidelines.
9. Recruits for management positions. Identifies District training requirements. Develops personnel to meet staffing and succession planning needs, as well as to insure optimum utilization of District employees.
10. Plans and conducts Semi-Annual District meetings for Food Service Directors and other appropriate personnel. Coordinates use of other Regional and Corporate Resource Personnel.
11. Coordinates union contract negotiations as directed by the Hospital and the President of Operations.
12. Establishes and maintains effective community relations. Participates in professional and civic activities. Makes appropriate public appearances.
13. Conducts periodic unit visitations of sufficient duration to conduct an appropriate review of all required areas in accordance with FMG policy and government regulation, normally 2 days in duration.
14. Completes all required documentation on a timely basis. Documentation includes, but is not limited to:
District Manager Visitation Report
Regional Dietitian Report
Quarterly Visitation Report (25 Page)
MOR Reviews and Action Plans
Purchasing Variance Reports
WOR's on all P&L Accounts or accounts in trouble
15. Work with the CFO in budget finalization for units.
16. Work with FMG software program and back-up in support and sales.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
Reports to the President of Operations. Manages District within the scope of company policy to achieve sales and operating goals. Supports FMG software program used in turn key or vertically marketed. Advises corporate management of potential forecast deviations. Makes frequent operating decisions. often without the benefit of direct guidance. Interprets relevant FMG policy and procedure. Supervises Food Service Directors. Districts vary in size, but generally range between 8 and 14 units. Travel requirement 75% or more. Interfaces with Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of Support Services, Office Personnel and facility personnel, including Administration.
Educational achievement equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Institutions Management, Food and Nutrition, Business Administration or other related field, plus a minimum of five years related experience. Ability to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability. Ability to communicate effectively with clients, senior management and FMG support staff. Valid driver's license and maintains active registration and/or licenses. Healthcare experience a must.