1000 Figs is a small restaurant in Faubourg St. John (Ponce de Leon and Esplanade Ave.) with a fresh, vegetable-forward, Middle Eastern-inspired menu. Our restaurant seeks to serve vibrant, thoughtful food with warm and delightful service. We are looking for a restaurant team that is passionate about making great food, giving excellent service, and being a part of a workplace community that is fun, supportive, and engaged. We have a small staff of 15.
We are looking to add to our Front of House team for 5 shifts per week. This position requires strong communication, organization, and great customer service skills. The ideal candidate will be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team while interacting respectfully with coworkers, managers, and customers. We are looking for someone who is constantly looking to learn and improve and is willing to make a commitment to the job for at least one year. Open availability is a big plus.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry, ideally in a customer-facing role
- Able to provide great service with enthusiasm & energy throughout scheduled shift
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Passion for excellent guest service and hospitality
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High energy and positivity
- Strong service orientation
- Strong self-motivation + desire to contribute
- Strong values of community, teamwork, and collaboration
- Love of learning - interested in learning about food, business, people, and the restaurant trade
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume and a bit about yourself.
Tell us why you want to work at 1000 Figs and what makes you the most qualified person for this position.
Pay starts at $9/hour. Tips are pooled within the entire staff, and are usually an additional $6-8/hour.