NSA is in search of top-notch cyber professionals with technical expertise and driving desire at the forefront of their field. We have positions in penetration testing, defensive operations, identifying cyber threats and vulnerabilities and building defensive capabilities, designing, developing, deploying, sustaining and monitoring state-of-the-art network solutions (WAN, CAN, LAN, DCN and Satellite communications networks) that are deployed across NSA worldwide. Help protect national security interests as part of the world's most advanced team of cyber professionals!
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from
PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with on-call for emergency situations.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a minimum of 3 years' experience with data center manager/integration engineer work, a background in project management, configuration management, and supporting IT systems, with excellent problem-solving, communication, interpersonal skills who is/can:
- Customer service & requirements oriented
- Able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across functional areas in a collaborative environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines and deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools (i.e., Word, Excel)
The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
The increased complexity of supporting NSA's mission requires world class researchers, programmers, and system and operations developers who collaborate in teams in areas such as software engineering, information technology infrastructure, high performance computing, data science, cloud and system architectures, computer security, and networking in order to design, develop, and implement advanced tools, techniques, and systems on to NSA's infrastructure.
The National Security Agency (NSA) currently has an opportunity for a highly motivated Data Center Manager to manage their regional data center. This data center provides support to various Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) site's infrastructure, servers and networks around the world.
As the Data Center Manager you will be responsible for performing the following tasks in accordance with Agency policy and documented standards. Specific tasks include:
- Evaluating IT customer requirements and determining infrastructure requirements
- Designing rack layouts and maintaining relevant documentation for each IT High Performance Computing and Commodity Class computing systems
- Collaborating with mission customers to design and engineer the most ideal IT solution for their requirement by balancing necessary IT capability with data center resources
- Providing space management and planning
- Serving as the subject matter expert to the Corporate Power, Space and Cooling (PSC) Secretariat by providing technical evaluation and guidance concerning all IT PSC requirements designated for NSA/CSS regional data centers
- Scheduling and conducting site surveys prior to any facility or installation work
- Coordinating and tracking the completion of all requested facilities modifications in support of customers moving devices in or out of the data center
- Coordinating deliveries and installations
- Maintaining the accuracy of facility documentation by conducting periodic audits
- Providing training to machine room Coordinators and perform machine room coordinator functions as needed
- Performing routine checks of work performed and reporting maintenance problems
- Arranging for the shipment or transport of materials, property, or equipment
- Delivering; coordinating the delivery of, and/or store materials, supplies, or equipment
- Conducting room inspections and monitoring room cleanliness
- Arranging for the disposal of excess material, equipment, and/or substances
- Moving heavy objects using aids such as hand trucks, tubs, dollies, wheeled carts, or pallet jacks.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying objects weighing more than 50 pounds
- Standing, walking, or kneeling for long periods