Penske Technician II will generally assist in the repair and
diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of
various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician
or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose
and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO
Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air
Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive
2nd shift Tuesday - Friday, days on Saturday
5571 King Hwy.
Kalamazoo, MI 49048
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with
some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include
differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel
ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC
systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors
etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors,
cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems
(spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of
equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for delivery.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck
and trailer equipment
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test Vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to
ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using
hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor
analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified
Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components
such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing
complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- A valid drivers license is required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred,
willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers
yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required
schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to
include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug
screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain
instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be
able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift
and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive
Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation
services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs
more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000
locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance,
commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation
and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit
http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
To apply for this position, please CLICK