QR Code Link to This Post
Darwin Chambers Company is a growing, privately owned company that manufactures controlled environment chambers for research labs at universities, pharmaceutical companies, and government contractors. We offer medical, dental, vision, short and long term disabilities, just to mention a few, as well as 9 paid holidays and paid time off.
- Assembling environmental chambers at one or more stages of the production process in a timely fashion and to quality expectations. This is not assembly-line work. Depending on prior experience, this position could include working with steel, to wiring up electrical components, to cleaning and crating chambers for shipment.
This will involve:
- Using tools and materials with caution while following approved safety practices.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and stocked work station.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
- Working with the Production Manager, along with the QC and Engineering departments, to resolve fabrication issues and assist in the development of best practices.
- Working independently and with other technicians in order to provide outstanding customer satisfaction.
Requirements: - Must be able to read and understand tape measure.
- Familiarity with power tools.
- Ability to follow directions, learn quickly, and retain information once taught.
Must be physically able to:
- lift at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces when necessary.
- bend at knees and hips repeatedly.
- work in a kneeling or standing position for extended periods of time.
- Electrical/HVAC experience is a plus but not required.
**ALL TOOLS NECESSARY ARE SUPPLIED. NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, ALL TRAINING DONE IN HOUSE**
Note: Darwin Chambers Company does perform pre-employment drug screening and background checks.
Please send your resume to be considered. We have two facilities located in Saint Louis City; you may be called to interview with managers at one or both facilities. Pay range is $12 to $15 / hr, depending on experience, plus benefits.
This could lead to bigger and better things for motivated individuals, as the company is growing quickly and hard work is rewarded. We look forward to having you on the team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour