MAINTENANCE - HANDYMAN / WOMAN
THIS POSITION CAN BE VERY PHYSICAL
English Speaking a must - Bi-lingual a plus.
Position: Part time 38 hour 4 days a week Maintenance including cleaning, utilizing cleaning equipment such as carpet extractors, and ability to take apart machines for deep interior equipment cleaning. Repairs of equipment (ability to learn fast). Maintain & repair basic plumbing. Projects such as painting, high pressure water/power spray cleaning. All around handy person.
An ideal candidate has OSHA 10 CARD & APPLICABLE PROFESSIONAL CLEANING, CONSTRUCTION, MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE, EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS, CAN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS, BE A GOOD SELF STARTER, IS DETAIL ORIENTED WHEN IT COMES TO CLEANING. BE MECHANICALLY INCLINED when it comes to some basic "FIX IT" tasks. Not afraid to GET THEIR HANDS DIRTY OR TAKE ON NEW TASKS WITH TRAINING. The ideal person is a fast learner who starts the position with basic construction & mechanical skills who can follow instructions and ultimately help to manage projects. You must be flexible as work is contingent on being able to jump in and complete tasks in a timely manner.
Submit resume in person to the business office located at Fantastic Indoor Swapmeet, 1717 South Decatur Blvd Thursday thru Sunday 10am - 4pm. Must be willing to work Thursday thru Sunday 8am - 6:30pm & all holidays. No benefits available.
We are looking to hire an individual immediately who can work with us as our right hand person to help us maintain our business as well as assist with general projects.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
* Keeping facilities clean & running properly with daily task sheets.
* Using chemicals or cleaning solutions to perform duties
* Lifting 35-50lbs in weight
* Pushing/pulling 35-75lbs
* Standing or walking for 6-10 hours per day
* Bending to pick up items from the floor or to wipe down surfaces as necessary to keep the floor area clean of debris
* Taking apart equipment for deep cleaning, then putting back together (basic mechanics)
* Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, slip resistant shoes, and back-support as needed
* Sweeping, Moping, Running Floor machines
* Painting, Property Maintenance, Occasional Landscaping, All Around Helper
* Restroom Plumbing Maintenance & cleaning
* Mechanical Fixes
* Operate scissor & boom lifts
* Other duties as assigned
SUBMIT RESUME IN PERSON to the BUSINESS OFFICE located at FANTASTIC INDOOR SWAPMEET, 1717 SOUTH DECATUR BLVD THURSDAY thru SUNDAY 10am - 4pm