SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Driller is in charge of making sure drilling operations are in accordance with the drilling plan from implementation, completion and abandonment of drill sites. The Driller coordinates the use of drilling equipment, prepares equipment for the drilling operation, manages job production & schedule, maintains detailed daily reports and is responsible for preparing and submitting all regulatory agency paperwork associated with a drilling license. The Driller promotes safety, reports safety and equipment issues, incidents, accidents, or irregularities. The Driller operates miscellaneous drill associated equipment and mud/air/sonic/direct push/hollow stem rigs.
1. Operates rigs and drilling equipment
2. Assures safety training is done and logged
3. Maintains detailed daily drilling reports
4. Completes all Well Records and Decommissioning reports in the NJDEP web site in timely fashion
5. Checks and maintains equipment in good and safe repair
6. Acts as a crew leader
7. Manage work site activity
8. Continued study of CEU’s to maintain drilling license
9. Maintains all certifications required to do business with SGS clients
10. Mentors Driller Helpers in order to promote growth
11. Maintains valid commercial driver’s license (CDL)
12. Includes knowledge and ability to perform Field Technician and Driller Helper positions, and to fill in if necessary
- High School Diploma
- New Jersey Licensed well driller with 5 years experience
- Experienced with Hollow Stem Auger, Air & Mud Rotary Drilling, Rock Coring, Direct Push and Welding
- Sonic Drilling Experience a Plus
- Clean driving record with CDL Drivers License (minimum Class B with air brakes)
- Drug & Alcohol Testing prior to hiring with random tests through out year
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Willing to travel when needed
- Basic computer literacy skills
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.