Summary: This individual will quote manufacturing projects and the successful transfer of new jobs into the customer. The ability to perform process engineering, process development, project tracking, troubleshooting and developing of relevant documentation will be integral to this position. This person must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Receiving and completing customer requests for product quotes.
2. Review quotations and customer documentation for specifications and quality standards, and convert processes into documentation, tooling, and gages needed to economically produce quality parts.
3. Understanding customer quality requirements.
4. Ability to do time studies and provide quotes to customers after reviewed.
5. Working with internal staff to determine product quotability.
6. Knowledge of machining both lathe and mill components.
7. Knowledge of feeds and speeds.
8. Obtain outside quotes for materials and services
9. Obtain internal manufacturing processes required for product.
10. Compiling all costs to determine sell price.
11. Strong with ERP or CRM use.
12. Sending customer quote.
13. Creating job router based on quote provided to customer.
14. Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills.
15. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
16. Effective oral and written communication skills including proper use of communication tools and technologies.
17. Qualified candidates will have ability to read blueprints, GD&T and offer a background in purchasing in CNC manufacturing. Multi Axis Lathes and Mills with live tooling and Swiss machines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Degree or equivalent and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of various machining equipment including CNC machining, gages and operating principles and other quality related equipment in a job shop environment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, customer specifications, blueprints and procedure manuals. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and other employees in the organization. Must exhibit a positive attitude, be a team player and have proven project management skills.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and statistics to practical situations.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Computer / Technical Skills:
Manufacturing software operating on a Networked Personal Computer including, but not limited to:
Solid model import and manipulation using Solid Works, Mastercam, Part maker or equivalent software.
Microsoft Office Suite
Microsoft Windows OS
Internet Explorer or equivalent
Epicor Vista™ integrated manufacturing and accounting solution
Familiarity with the following:
Geometric Tolerancing & Dimensioning (GD&T)
APQP & PPAP processes and methodologies
ISO 9000 and Quality System requirements and policies
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb stairs, stoop, kneel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to lift to 30 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.