Au Pair International (www.aupairint.com) is an nationwide Au Pair agency that is looking for an Area Director to fill a position in the Boone, NC area. Our goal is to assist families in finding quality child care and provide Au Pairs with the opportunity to come the United States and gain experience here. We are hiring someone as a work-from-home Area Director. The position is a flexible, part-time role with the potential to grow into a more full-time position over time, including; thorough training and support, great compensation, flexible work hours and workload.
What is an au pair?
Au Pair International brings young people from abroad to the US to live as an au pair with American families. In exchange for room, board, and a weekly stipend, the au pair provides up to 45 hours per week of childcare assistance.
Au Pair means "on par" or "equal". Au Pairs are different from a nanny or an employee in the way that the au pairs are included as part of the host family and participate in the host family's daily life and activities.
The au pair program is a time-tested childcare solution that provides:
-Flexible, live-in childcare
- Very affordable childcare alternative to daycare or nannies
- Qualified, carefully screened, and trained au pairs with legal visas for one year
- Local support in the community from Area Directors
To work well in this role you should:
- Reside year-round near Boone, NC
- Welcome opportunities to be involved in your community
- Enjoy supporting cultural exchange visitors
- Enjoy meeting new people and serving as a local resource
- Be Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be a problem solver
- Recruiting and interviewing new families
- Meeting with each au pair and the host family after the au pair's arrival
- Acting as a liaison between au pairs, host families, and Au Pair International
- Documenting monthly contacts with the participants
- Mediating misunderstandings between au pairs and host families
- Conducting informative diverse, and fun activities for au pairs once per month
As an Area Director you will get to know people in your community. You will work from home according to your own schedule with limited travel in your local area. Compensation depends on number of families. The workload is determined by you. You will be assigned local families in your area by the national office and will also recruit local families independently.