Please note that this is a 6 months contract position.
Day Shift - 4 work days on and 3 days off 6:30am to 6:30pm.
Night Shift: 4 days on and 3 days off- 6:30pm - 6:30am
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Nice to have: Ability to drive forklift, license not required, the client will help certify.
The main function of a machine operator is to set up, operate, or tend more than one type of cutting or forming machine tool or robot.
• Inspect workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces to determine accuracy of machine operation, using rules, templates, or other measuring instruments.
• Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunctions, adjusting machines as necessary.
• Read blueprints or job orders to determine product specifications and tooling instructions and to plan operational sequences.
• Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, cutters, shears, borers, millers, grinders, presses, drills, and auxiliary machines, to make metallic and plastic workpieces.
• Position, adjust, and secure stock material or workpieces against stops, on arbors, or in chucks, fixtures, or automatic feeding mechanisms, manually or using hoists.
• Select, install, and adjust alignment of drills, cutters, dies, guides, and holding devices, using templates, measuring instruments, and hand tools.
• Change worn machine accessories, such as cutting tools and brushes, using hand tools.
• Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines and notify supervisors when major service is required.
• Start machines and turn handwheels or valves to engage feeding, cooling, and lubricating mechanisms.
• Perform minor machine maintenance, such as oiling or cleaning machines, dies, or workpieces, or adding coolant to machine reservoirs.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Basic ability to read blueprints.
• Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 1-2 years related experience required.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A633.