Hope you are doing great.
One of my clients is looking to fill this position immediately
Please Send Resume @ OR Call me on
Title: Oracle DBA
Location: : Raleigh (NC)
Experience : 9+ years
Job Description :
Client is seeking Oracle DBA. This role requires working experience in supporting 24 x 7 oracle database administration and operational projects including database administration, backups, performance tuning, installations, upgrades, patching and monitoring. Also having strong experience in working experience in Oracle RAC. Also, DBA needs to maintain close partnership and collaboration with client Subject Matter Experts and Managers
Candidate must be located within commuting distance of Raleigh, NC or be willing to relocate to the area. This position may require travel in the US
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
At least 4 years of Information Technology experience
- At least 6-8 years' experience as Oracle DBA (Database Administration)
- Hands-on experience in Oracle Database 10g, 11g, 12c and 19c on Linux and AIX environments
- Strong working experience on Oracle Real Application Clusters environments, including Grid Infrastructure installations, configurations, upgrade, and regular maintenance
- Oracle Database Installation, Creation, Configuration, Upgrade, and Fine tuning as per the application requirements
- ASM Disk Group creation, adding/removing disks, rebalance and maintenance
- Experience in Oracle Data Guard setup, fixing the sync issues with Standby, switchover and failover, managing and troubleshooting issues
- Good working knowledge of RMAN, Backup Strategy, DB Cloning/Refresh, restore and recovery
- DB Performance Tuning, SQL tuning, SQL Plan baseline creation, SQL profiling, Troubleshooting Slow batch job or query issues and analyzing AWR, ASH reports and tracing etc.
- Troubleshooting and fixing tablespace issues, archive log issues, OS level space management, User creation, roles and privileges management
- Setup and monitor the Oracle Databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Enterprise Manager knowledge on target setup, performance monitoring, scheduling jobs, reports, setting up metric templates and configuring notifications etc
- DB health monitoring, finding root cause and implementing permanent fix.
- Preferred Good knowledge of Golden Gate concepts, Golden Gate DBA activities, GG setup, commands usage, troubleshooting sync issues etc.
- Good in automation/ scripting using Shell scripting and PL/SQL.
- Troubleshooting issues in existing scripts and applying fixes, should be able to write scripts for automation
- Good in quality documentation of any activity/automation.
- Good understanding on the Incident Management process
- Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
- Working experience in 24x7 production support environment working with Offshore and Onshore model
Thanks & Regards,