About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Development Operations Engineer
Position Location: Salisbury, NC
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to six East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, GIANT/MARTIN'S, Hannaford and Stop & Shop.
Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com.
Browse The Aisles
The Sr. DevOps Engineer, Solutions Delivery - Data Integration, will be an integral leader with in the Data Integration team responsible for our organization's integration technology and delivery.
You will be a hands-on technical leader within the Data and Integration department and will be engaged in all phases of the integration software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business/integration requirements and creating event driven or (near) real-time integrations. DevOps Engineer primary functions are to design, develop, deploy, document, test and debug new and existing integrations and perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code).
DevOps engineers will be part of an Agile Scum team comprised of platform engineers, developers of all skill levels, QA engineers and architects. The Agile team works with internal business domains and external vendors to make Integrations possible.
Also, this role will help in establishing a mature Integration Center for Enablement to support our strategic move to API led integration through self-enablement.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
• Gather requirements, perform solution design and analysis, coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction
• Identifies ideas to improve system/integration performance and availability
• Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements
• Creates documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews
• Deliver a platform, corresponding tools and consultancy so that other teams can develop and manage their own (API & Messaging) integrations
• Actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members
The Essentials In Your Cart - The Required Ingredients
• Relevant Bachelor/Master's degree - Engineering/Management or 7 years of relevant experience
• Experience in designing and developing REST, SOAP, JSON, XSLT, XPATH, XQUERY, HTTP(S), TLS, XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-) and other SOA/Integration technologies
• 4 or more years of enterprise grade source code management platforms (Git, GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc.) experience
• Demonstrating expertise in designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise grade solutions in a secure way
• Knowledge of Linux
• Hands-on experience in programming/development skills applied within the enterprise application integration space
• Ability to code and debug against APIs
• Understanding and thorough experience with Agile practices such as scrum and Kanban along with the ability to promote best practices where opportunities present themselves
• DevOps practices and tooling such as CI, CD, infrastructure-as-code, pipeline automation, Jenkins, git, ansible
• Strong communication skills, ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
• MuleSoft Anypoint experience and/or certification
• Experience with a range of Enterprise Integration practices and technologies, spanning batch files, messaging, ETL and APIs across diverse systems and applications from legacy mainframe to modern cloud
• Integration product experience, for example; IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, Informatica, Cast Iron, Dell-Boomi or Jitterbit, OFMW, webMethods, etc.
• Experience in technologies like: OpenShift/Kubernetes/AKS, Azure Functions, Networking, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancers, Docker, Elastic Search, Grafana, Kibana, Nexus, SonarQube, Jenkins
• Experience in Object-oriented software development (Java, C, C#, etc.)
• Comfortable working in a scrum team
• Innovative and improvement focused mindset
• Knowledge of Azure
• Experience as a Full Stack Engineer
• Experience in integrating SaaS applications, i.e. Salesforce, SuccessFactors, RightNow, ServiceNow, Ariba
Join Us at Our Table
Retail Business Service is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress - our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including:great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.