Wilmington Dermatology Center is currently recruiting for an outstanding Part-Time Medical Assistant to join our team. Work with the nationally recognized and locally awarded team at Wilmington Dermatology Center in providing our patients/clients with the best customer service and education. In this specific position the part-time Medical Assistant would work Thursdays and every other Friday . Thursday and Friday hours would be from 8am-5pm.
At Wilmington Dermatology Center we take great pride in providing our patients with service excellence while working together efficiently as a team. We operate in a fast paced environment and we are looking for a smart candidate with the right personality, and work ethic to join our team.
The Medical Assisting staff at WDC is responsible for the following activities:
1. Seating patients and collecting and documenting important medical history and medication information
2. Utilizing electronic medical records software to document patient status within the office, medical information, and assisting in documenting diagnosis/procedures identified by the physician.
3. Educating patients on procedures, including pre and post care instructions
4. Assisting the physician in preparing for and being available during light surgeries
5. Preparing the proper instruments and supplies prior to surgery and assisting in proper sterlization
6. Assisting patient's with follow-up appointments including suture removal
1. Prior electronic medical records experience
2. Prior medical assisting experience (exposure to supporting light surgery is a plus)
3. A quick study who has prior business and office experience (college degree preferred but not required)
4. Cheerful personality who strives to provide our patients with uncompromising service (must be outgoing and willing to deliver excellent service)
5. Reliable, honest and dependable
6. Strong attention to detail - Must be able to learn medical records system, follow detailed protocols, perform detailed data entry and provide pertinent information to patients
7. The ability to problem solve and take ownership of required duties
8. Interests in dermatology and skin care (prior experience is not required - we are willing to train the right candidate)
9. Strong work ethic and a team player
Position Details and Benefits:
1. Part-Time: Thursday/Friday (7:30am-5pm)
2. Pay: Hourly (Highly competitive within our local market)
3. Dermatology and EMR related training will be provided to the right candidate
Candidates should respond to this email with their resume. Please note - Fax, phone calls, drop-ins, and mail will not be accepted. Thank you for your interest!
You can find out more about our practice at