POSTION TITLE: Program Manager - Medford
DEPARTMENT: Homeless Veteran's Reintegration Program (HVRP)
REPORTS TO: Director of Workforce Solutions
1. Possess the ability to provide strategic direction and cascade that to tactics of day to day operations of the Medford HVRP Program. Provide direct supervision to HVRP staff and conduct weekly staff meetings.
2. Communicate regularly with the Director of Workforce Solutions and provide written quarterly reports. Maintain Department of Labor VETS tracking mechanisms and approval of client files.
3. Adhere to all Performance Measures and Grant Compliance Measures mandated by Easter Seals Oregon and Department of Labor VETS. Recommend policies, procedures, and alternatives that will result in meeting or exceeding program performance measures.
4. Train, manage, develop and monitor staff; assess staff's strengths and weaknesses and assign appropriate development or training to ensure quality services for clients.
5. Update tracking information and run reports as needed. Work cooperatively with Employment Specialist, Outreach Worker and Program Assistant to maintain integrity of program services and community relationships.
6. Based on case reviews, data analysis, and outcome and process evaluations; recommend modifications to program to enhance effectiveness in serving clients and employers.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with employers and other employment resources in the Medford/Grants Pass areas to aid in securing and maintaining employment for participants in the HVRP program.
8. Locate and/or develop employment focused events and/or training programs for HVRP program participants.
9. Conduct all functions of the follow-up and retention services required by grant.
10. Participate in researching funding opportunities within our community that will enhance our current menu of services
MINIMUM EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration or human services. Prefer professional experience in labor relations, employment services, social work or equivalent with 2 years' experience in program management that includes supervision of staff
2. Demonstrated ability to work with others and communicate effectively
3. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
5. Experience working with veterans, persons with disabilities and homeless population
6. A professional appearance and sensitivity to others
7. Ability to work with individuals of varying incomes, skill levels, experiences and cultures