Rogue Community College invites applications for Program Coordinator I – Student Life
General Statement of Responsibilities:
The Student Life Coordinator is responsible for daily work and projects for multiple programs: Student Life, Associated Student Government (ASG), and Athletics. As a lead-worker representing multiple departments, the coordinator provides services to the departments and supports activities related to event planning and promotion, student monitoring and reporting, budget preparation, purchasing and travel requiring thorough knowledge of student life, the college, and its programs. The coordinator requires knowledge of internal and external systems, processes, and resources for students and maintains relationships with district wide college staff and faculty. The Student Life Coordinator may administer grants and other funding resources for local student life programming and serves in the accomplishment of administrative and non-routine duties related to Student Life and Athletic goals and outcomes.
Examples of Duties:
1. Responsible for monitoring and improving Student Life, Associated Student Government and Athletic
Department processes, procedures, and activities to insure they meet Risk Management requirements and
adhere to RCC policies and procedures.
2. Maintain standard operating procedures and documentation for efficiency, consistency, and to improve the
3. Assist directors with department and committee meetings and trainings, including meeting arrangements,
agenda development, attendance tracking and meeting minutes.
4. Coordinate and conduct student employee interviews, trainings and staff meetings.
5. Assist with program development, grant application preparation, budget analysis, and reporting requirements.
6. Work with directors to develop and administer year-long student-recruitment and marketing plans for Student
Life, Student Government and Athletics.
7. Oversee and monitor multiple department webpages, electronic and hard-copy marketing materials, and
changes and updates to systems, programming and processes.
8. Perform public relations to include public speaking, media interface with students, and promotion of services
and programs. Maintains effective working relationships with students, faculty, RCC departments and
community partners. May serve on college committees or councils as a representative for the departments.
9. Provide purchasing and budget support as needed to Student Government, Clubs, Student Life, and Athletics.
Process and track purchase orders and travel requests for multiple departments.
10. Support the direct efforts of the RCC Student Engagement Team. Work with director of student programs to set activities, meetings, trainings, take minutes and communicate with members of the team.
11. Prepare, process and update student athlete documentation and maintain student athlete files. Verify initial student athlete eligibility related to college and Northwest Athletics Conference (NWAC) codes and regulations. Assist with preparation of annual US Department of Education Equity in Athletics reporting. Assists with coordination of team travel. Process, track and reconcile athletic tuition scholarship information.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Starting compensation is entry level for Group 7 on the 2020-21 Classified Salary Schedule.
-Family medical, dental, vision, and employee life insurance;
-Comprehensive leave package: paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, personal days and emergency leave days;
-Up to 12-credit tuition waiver per quarter;
-Membership in PERS/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP); and
-Eligibility for professional growth funds.
For full details and to apply, please visit our careers portal: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/roguecc/jobs/2807900/maintenance-custodian
RCC is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer actively seeking to recruit and retain a diverse workforce that includes members of historically underrepresented groups and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.