Location: West Conshohocken, PA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Market Research Manager
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Market Research, and in partnership with cross-functional internal partners, this hands-on role works primarily on Voice of the Customer primary market research and related analysis. This role requires significant coordination with cross-functional stakeholders. The role also coordinates the work of preferred partner vendors to augment the team's capacity and identifies when an elevated level of expertise is warranted to support project objectives. This role manages the CXI team's intern and may manage full time direct reports. The Market Manager will have an attention to detail and be a proactive, critical thinker who is interested and able to work in a matrixed, team-oriented organization where all team members take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work while exemplifying AmerisourceBergen's guiding principles. In addition, the market research manager works closely with a number of key roles, stakeholders and functions across the organization to include but not limited to the following: business stakeholders (sales), financial analysts, customer operations, customer solutions, distribution operations and marketing. S/he needs to be a creative thinker and propose innovative approaches to data collection and analyses. The market research manager should know statistical methods and internal data sets to complete research projects. In addition, the market research manager will understand and effectively employ a number of ways to visualize data in a way that is highly effective and persuasive. Finally, the market research manager must be inherently analytical and have a high level of curiosity in getting to next level understanding of insights behind the data. Excellent written and communications skills will also be a necessity for this role.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews research briefs to understand objectives and consults on the design of surveys to ensure the data collected will facilitate the right analysis to generate findings that support the objectives
• Independently programs and tests surveys, including the development of call to action and thank you messages, uploads respondent data, and deploys surveys
• Integrates data from outside sources into Qualtrics and utilizes Qualtrics analytical tools to develop findings
• Builds dashboards, provides training on optimal use, and continuously finds ways to improve data visualizations and incorporate new Qualtrics features within the dashboards
• Calculates required respondents to achieve desired confidence level. Checks and ensures data validity. Identifies when advanced analytical techniques are appropriate.
• Conducts analysis of Voice of the Customer data. Demonstrates strong proficiency with all Qualtrics analytical tools.
• Identifies and integrates secondary data sources into the VOC analysis in order to improve the specificity and actionability of the analysis, findings and recommendations.
• Demonstrates insightful quantitative understanding of a data set. Manipulates, analyzes and visualizes data to reveal trends in customer expectations and customer perceptions of AmerisourceBergen's performance. Identifies correlations in the data, including value drivers. Elevates key opportunities where improvement will have the greatest impact.
• Actively participates with the CXI team in presentations and workshops where findings and recommendations to improve the CX are discussed and debated. Interprets VOC analysis and effectively communicates statistical concepts in way that makes it easy to understand and is not intimidating to non-technical audiences
• With the hands-on support of the Vice President of Market Research, and preferred partners, prepares findings reports for senior executives. Using Microsoft PowerPoint, develops reports with clear, compelling, and easy to interpret data visualizations along with a narrative that translates the data into insights that convey a story or distinct point of view.
• Becomes AmerisourceBergen's foremost expert use of Qualtrics, a best-in-class technology for research and analysis. Continuously improves proficiency in utilizing all aspects of the tool, particularly those related to analysis. May support the training other associates. Stays current on knowledge of new features/functionality and proactively brings ideas for how these can be applied to support the team's goals
• Generates timely and concise communications appropriate for executive leadership to understand project status and pending issues.
• Monitors response rates to surveys and proactively makes recommendations on when additional action is required to accelerate participation
• Maintains a tracking program to report on budget allocated to donations in association with charitable giving for survey incentives
• Collaborates with IT, preferred vendors, and others to problem-solve through data integration requirements, survey deployment decisions, and other operational considerations related to the VOC and customer experience programs
• Manages the intern's workflow/priorities, reviews all work contributed by intern, and provides guidance and coaching to support the intern's professional development.
• Proactively recommends ideas to improving efficiency and quality in the team's workflows, processes, and deliverables
• Builds and maintains strong relationships across the organization through frequent and open communication/collaboration
• Proactively seeks out and manages time to accommodate for continuous learning and development.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of bachelors (advanced degree (Masters or PHD preferred) in data analytics, marketing research, statistics or computer science or related field;
• Typically requires 3+ years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
• Solid knowledge of statistical techniques and research methodologies.
• Knowledge of one or more market research platforms (e.g. Qualtrics, R, Sawtooth, SPSS, Medallion)
• Proficiency in the use of statistical methodologies (regression, maxdiff, conjoint, Turf analysis, correlation, descriptive variables).
• Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics and multivariate testing
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of one or more business/functional areas.
• Designs experiments, tests hypotheses and builds statistical models.
• Employs a number of complex research methodologies (correlation matrices, turf analysis, conjoint analysis, max diff)
• Highly skilled in running bivariate and simple multivariate statistics
• Design, test and program surveys to support VOC programs and other insight projects
• Designs qualitative and quantitative studies and aligns them to the proper use case.
• Identifies audience size, sample size, confidence level and confidence interval necessary to meet statistical validation
Strategic Planning & Project Planning
• Participates in team strategic planning sessions to support annual and long-range objectives.
• Creates and manages research project plans and tracks key milestones
• Works with commercial and functional stakeholders to define business problems and develop research methodologies to gather the necessary insights that inform recommendations
• Possesses a high-level understanding of one or more business or functional areas.
• Develops key business stakeholder relationships.
• Leverages knowledge of internal and external data sources and leverages this knowledge to solve business problems
• Works with others to support data collection in support of research projects and integration of internal systems (e.g. Qualtrics with SFDC) to automate data transfer.
• Works to combine customer experience data (e.g. satisfaction) and operational data (e.g. financial) to complete robust analyses and findings.
• Solves business analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies.
• Works in iterative processes with business stakeholders and validates findings.
• Develops experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
• Validates analysis by comparing appropriate samples.
Communications and Presentation
• Presents and depicts the rationale of findings in easy to understand terms for the business and functional groups.
• Highly effective visual depiction of data, trends, charts, graphs in compelling fashion.
• Communicates and works with stakeholders and other SME's as required to meet project objectives.
4. What special requirements/skills you would like us to screen for (i.e.: "Must Haves")? See job description as well.
Data analytics skill, statistical modeling skills should be advanced. Intermediate to advanced experience with statistical software (R, SPSS, Qualtrics, Sawtooth etc.)
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com